What are your 2017 goals?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what to the pros do? Why does, say, a Sam Adams taste exactly the same year after year? (Not attempting to criticize. Just really curious).

Lot's of lab work and planning (way beyond the scope of a humble homebrewer). And it doesn't taste exactly the same, but it's darn close (closer than I'll ever get two batches). Most have a staff of tasters with a goal of getting it as close as possible. I once read an article on what Bud does, and it is amazing the differences between the different regional brewers same version of the same beer.

Last edited:
Put up No Trespassing signs for the deer. Plant blueberries and plum. Will keep them in grow bags for a few years under Larry Halls directions. Y'all may want to check his YouTube out for grow bag gardens. It's pretty amazing. I'm gonna plant some mint for wine. Just for a gallon. Who knows...everything has turned out pretty well so I just want to play around with some wines. Happy New Year to all of you and I hope we all have a good time with our hobby.

Lot's of lab work and planning (way beyond the scope of a humble homebrewer). And it doesn't taste exactly the same, but it's darn close (closer than I'll ever get two batches). Most have a staff of tasters with a goal of getting it as close as possible. I once read an article on what Bud does, and it is amazing the differences between the different regional brewers same version of the same beer.

I had no idea that there can be big variations.

I've decided to retire on February 28th.
Concentrate on fishing, since I moved to the beach.
Make more wine, especially the dry reds, too many friends don't like the sweet wines (but lot of my wife's friends do!)
Make more beer. Only made one batch to date!
Live long and prosper!

live long -a- prosper.jpg

Back