What are you watching today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished "The Queen's Gambit" today. I think this was the best series I have ever watched. Just spectacular. Its no wonder it's one of the highest rated shows ever on RT.

Also a good very good romp was "I Care a Lot" also on Netflix........

Just finished "The Queen's Gambit" today. I think this was the best series I have ever watched. Just spectacular. Its no wonder it's one of the highest rated shows ever on RT.

I'll agree with that.

I'm up to the 4th episode on The Queens Gambit. It really is excellent. Trying not to binge watch it, but we are expecting 2 or more feet of snow this weekend, sooooo

We also watched I Care A Lot. Highly recommend

I limit myself to one episode per day on most things. Especially when they are good. Like a good book you don't want t to end I guess.

I started Ted Lasso (AppleTV+) earlier this week and that is turning into another wonderful series. Smart, funny and touching in moments. The writing on these shows is just so amazing.

I started Ted Lasso (AppleTV+) earlier this week and that is turning into another wonderful series. Smart, funny and touching in moments. The writing on these shows is just so amazing.

I blew through Ted Lasso pretty quickly. It's good. Looking forward to the next season.

I binge watch half a dozen older series at one time. I'll watch 2 or 3 episodes of one, then jump to the next, and the next, and ...

Current: Deep Space 9 (in season 7, which I didn't care for), Star Trek Voyager, Start Trek Enterprise (yeah, got into a Star Trek kick), Agent Carter, Warehouse 13, Chuck, Farscape, La Femme Nikita (Peta Wilson version), and probably a couple others that are not coming to mind. I may binge watch most of a season and not come back to a series for months. And I may go weeks without watching TV at all. I received a Kobo for Christmas and have ~500 books I haven't read yet.

Most of what I watch is SciFi and/or action, although the wife & I watched all seasons of The Closer together.

Anyone else watch the Season 2 finale last night? Thoughts?

View attachment 73755

Don't want to give anything away, so I'll keep it brief: While there were some twists I wasn't happy with, I thought it was excellent. I was actually a few weeks behind and watched three episodes this week.

To me it seemed even slower paced than S1. Each episode seemed to follow the same cookie cutter formula. 40 mins of dialogue followed by 5 mins of action and then roll credits........

Somehow RT has S2 at 100% Certified Fresh.

Get the popcorn ready. Lots of CGI but this was actually filmed at ABQ Studios here in Albuquerque. Netflix committed to spend 1 billion dollars (Dr. Evil voice) here in NM.

If anyone likes historic documentaries,there's a great series that originally aired on BBC that you can watch on prime or YouTube about historic farming. Each season is titled and themed after a different period in England: Tudor Farm, Edwardian Farm, Victorian Farm, War Time Farm. The hosts all have a background in archeology, and live for an entire year fully emersed in the life.

There's also some good spin offs - especially Secrets of the Cattle, in which they help out at a site in France where they were/are building a castle using only historically accurate and traditional methods.

Another, called secrets of the wild wood, is in the same vein as the above, but about rekindling responsible woodland management in a modern age: using pigs to clear land, harvesting wood to make fine furniture and other goods that have lasting value.

Last edited:
I just watched Lupin and really enjoyed it.
The Narcos series is great.
Dead to me is hilarious and really good.
And my shameful admit is just finishing Queen of the South. I'll watch the final season of that once it streams complete.

Latest posts

Back