What are you making and what have you made ???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to Walkers in Forrestville, NY, and, suprisingly, brought back 2 whites, Catawba and Valvin Muscat. They tasted great that day, and I've an abundance of reds. SO, it's an all white season for us!

I've got three gallons of plum from last year, ready to bottle. Five gallons of elderberry mead, from a month ago. Its mead because I used honey instead of sugar. And three gallons of this years homegrown Petite Pearl. I racked this a little while ago and am on my second glass. Very rewarding. I still have 25 pounds of frozen elderberries that I'm not sure what to do with.

(Forum would not let me edit my old thread.)

Bottled:
CC Sterling Merlot
WE Mezza Luna Red
CC Showcase Amarone
CC Showcase Lodi Old Vines Zinfandel
CC Showcase Red Mountain Cabernet
Dragon Blood
WE Selection International Argentine Malbec
CC Showcase Yakima Valley Syrah
CC Showcase Rosso Fortissimo
CC Showcase Yakima Valley Cabernet Shiraz
WE LE Oregon Pinot Noir
CC Showcase Walla Walla Cabernet Merlot
WE LE Washington Cab/Merlot
WE Selection Viognier
CC Showcase Argentinian Malbec
Amarone di Beppe tweakfest -- WE SI Amarone, and tweaked the hell out of it a la Joeswine!
CC Showcase Amarone
WE Selection International Australian Petit Verdot
WE Eclipse Napa Valley Stag's Leap Merlot
WE Eclipse Lodi Zinfandel
WE LE2014 Super Tuscan
WE Selection Original Luna Bianca
WE Eclipse Yakima Pinot Gris
Viognier Juice bucket
WE Eclipse Nebbiolo
CC Showcase Red Mountain Cabernet
Sloppy Seconds -- 6 gallons of 2nd run wine from HHH Syrah grapes.
Viognier Juice Bucket from Ancient Lakes AVA
Master Vintner Philosophie Chardonnay

Bulk aging:
200 lbs of HHH Syrah grapes. Yay! Turned into 15 gallons.

Secondary:
13 gallons of Pinot Gris from Lake Erie region of NY

Primary:
N/A

On Deck:
CC Showcase Rosso Fortissimo

Well, I will have a busy fall and winter. To start, I am getting geared up to get 6 gallons of Huckleberry in the fermenter. Then I will get going on the first batch of 4 of Oregon Berry which is a blend of Marionberry, blackberry, Blueberry and Strawberry. I learned a lot last year about fermenter temperature and clarification

Ok I'll start this .I would love to know what everyone is making or have made .It amazes me what people make wine with from scratch .Also those of you making beer list those also since it's part of the site .

In primary fermenter :

In carboy :

- WE Selection International Italian Pinot Grigio

- Batch #3 of skeeter pee

- Wine Kitz Chardonnay Chenin limited edition

- lime SP to use for mojito

Already made and bottled :

- Skeeter Pee batch # 2

- Spring Fever -Cran/pom ,white grape/pear , white cranberry ,lemon juices

- Island Mist Pomegranate Zinfandel

- Orchard breezin - Black Cherry Pinot Noir

- white cranberry juice & apple juice

-WE Selection -Speciale series -New Millennuim Sparkling wine

-No name for this yet but has cranberry/raspberry ,white cranberry ,
welches white grape juices decided to call it Cranberry Delight .
-Skeeter Pee #1
WE Vintners reserve - Mezza Luna White
WE Vintners Reserve world yineyard collection - Italian Pinot Grigio
WE Selection Limited Edition 2009 - California Lake County Trio Blanca
Cranberry & Pomegranate /white grape pear juices
White Cranberry
OB -Raspberry White Zinfandel
First batch of beer Brew house - cream ale
WE Selection original - Gewurztraminer
WE Selection Original -liebfraumilch
Orchard breezin - Holiday cran apple chardonnay x 2
WE Vintners reserve world vineyard collection -French Sauvignon Blanc ( very tart )

Not wine but we did 2 batches of alcohol base .[/QUOT
Ok I'll start this .I would love to know what everyone is making or have made .It amazes me what people make wine with from scratch .Also those of you making beer list those also since it's part of the site .

In primary fermenter :

In carboy :

- WE Selection International Italian Pinot Grigio

- Batch #3 of skeeter pee

- Wine Kitz Chardonnay Chenin limited edition

- lime SP to use for mojito

Already made and bottled :

- Skeeter Pee batch # 2

- Spring Fever -Cran/pom ,white grape/pear , white cranberry ,lemon juices

- Island Mist Pomegranate Zinfandel

- Orchard breezin - Black Cherry Pinot Noir

- white cranberry juice & apple juice

-WE Selection -Speciale series -New Millennuim Sparkling wine

-No name for this yet but has cranberry/raspberry ,white cranberry ,
welches white grape juices decided to call it Cranberry Delight .
-Skeeter Pee #1
WE Vintners reserve - Mezza Luna White
WE Vintners Reserve world yineyard collection - Italian Pinot Grigio
WE Selection Limited Edition 2009 - California Lake County Trio Blanca
Cranberry & Pomegranate /white grape pear juices
White Cranberry
OB -Raspberry White Zinfandel
First batch of beer Brew house - cream ale
WE Selection original - Gewurztraminer
WE Selection Original -liebfraumilch
Orchard breezin - Holiday cran apple chardonnay x 2
WE Vintners reserve world vineyard collection -French Sauvignon Blanc ( very tart )

Not wine but we did 2 batches of alcohol base .
I just crushed Primitivo and petit Syrah for my early drinking wine and crushed Sangiovese with a little bit of Cab Sauv as my Tucson long age blend, all Suison grapes

Attachments

• 1808F97C-657D-4C85-BA5F-C556805C661B.jpeg
    1808F97C-657D-4C85-BA5F-C556805C661B.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 34
I have made a Grenache/Syrah Kit
I am currently working on a field blended 4 gallon batch of wine, I don't know all the grapes in it other than Criolla Mediana and Zinfandel.

Right now 2 vats of Primitivo and Petit Syrah, and 1 vat of super Tuscan (Sangiovese and Cab Sauv

Attachments

• D383DA58-4F27-498D-868A-81638F9274B7.jpeg
    D383DA58-4F27-498D-868A-81638F9274B7.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 14
Sour grapes which Malbec did you prefer the WE or the CC?

Hands down and going away, the CC Showcase was much better than the WE Selection International. It so happens that the CC Showcase Malbec is among the top 3 or 4 wines I have ever made. The WE SI is fine, but just okay.

I'm new to wine making so I'm wayyyyy out of my league here. I have 12 bottles of grape ( my first batch). Ill try that around Christmas. Six bottles of cherry mead. In the primary I have persimmon. I have not tasted anything that I have made yet so.

Started a juice bucket of merlot from Cal. Grape today. Nice deep color and fermentation has begun!
Joe
Made a one-gallon batch of pear last year with 4 lbs of pears. It was okay, but not a strong pear flavor. This year I made a batch with 6 pounds - it is racked in the basement

New to wine making and the forum. First attempt at apple wine from juice. Added a quarter cup of medium oak chips and I plan to back sweeten with a dark brown sugar, add cinnamon sticks and a clove or two, we’ll see.IMG_0484.JPG

Just started a 1 gallon batch of Cranberry wine (from juices)

Currenlty in various stages of racking:

1 gallon rhubarb (from scratch)
1 gallon pear (from scratch)
3 gallons peach ice wine (an Apres Kit)

Just started a 1 gallon batch of Cranberry wine (from juices)

Currenlty in various stages of racking:

1 gallon rhubarb (from scratch)
1 gallon pear (from scratch)
3 gallons peach ice wine (an Apres Kit)

Can you share the recipes please? I would love to try these as well.

Two buckets pinot noir and a 3 gallon batch of DB. Some tragically bad pinot from underripe grapes aging but likely sitting on death row. I'm amazed reading this thread at all the different things people try.
Everyone makes wine a different way, thats what makes it unique, the differences we make in the process. Sometimes you win the lottery and make a amazing wine, while other times you screw up and get a drain pour. It can happen to the very best winemakers.

We moved to rural East Central Mn in Aug 2016 and I finally have time to pursue interests of my own. In our front yard were two large bushes we thought were Elderberry, but upon further research they were identified as Black Chokeberry (Aronia Berries). In August we picked four buckets of berries from them. October 2nd, I soaked them in the sink, blanched them into boiling water and pulverized them one scoop at a time in the food processor. Then I put the pulp and juice into a large plastic tub with a cover, and added 2 gallons of water, 20 pounds of sugar, 2 spoons of Yeastex and 4 packets of yeast. They are a rather dry, sour berry. The hydrometer showed 1.100 SG. I stirred it up every day. On Oct. 18, I squeezed all the pulp out of it and racked it into a 6 gallon carboy jug, and added one more cup of sugar, one more packet of yeast and another spoon of Yeastex, just to reinvigorate the fermentation. At the end of October, all activity had ceased and the hydrometer now showed 1.005. According to the chart in C.J.J. Berry's book First Steps In Winemaking I now had 12.9% ABV. The flavor is rich and slightly dry. The color is a very dark burgundy so dense that light will just barely pass through it in a 1" tube and it seems to be settling out quickly. There are no detectable tannins or harsh acidity in it. I'm calling it Dragon Blood. Not much of this first batch is going to make it into bottles, as I have been extracting it into a decanter and enjoying it very much. What do you think? Should I have added more than 2 gallons of water at the outset? Who has had experience with Aronia Berries?

Last edited:
New to wine making and the forum. First attempt at apple wine from juice. Added a quarter cup of medium oak chips and I plan to back sweeten with a dark brown sugar, add cinnamon sticks and a clove or two, we’ll see.
Welcome!

I never considered adding cinnamon or cloves to apple wine, although I add them to mead (which makes it metheglin). Apple Pie wine ... that sounds good!

Latest posts

Back