What are you making and what have you made ???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have, fermenting awaw, 45 lts of frangipani, 30 lts of apple with celery, 30 lts of passion fruit, 30 lts of rosella and 20 lts of buni. Living in Bali fruit is easy to obtain. A recent success was carrots and ginger.

I'll play :)

Active Batches
Date - Batch Name - Varietal - Size

*07/10/18 - Mustang #1, Muscadine, 5G
*07/10/18 - Mustang #2, Muscadine, 5G
*07/10/18 - Mustang #3, Muscadine, 5G
*07/13/18 - IKEA Grogg, IKEA Lingonberry, 1.5G

Past Batches
Date - Batch Name - Varietal - Size

*06/22/17 - Jess Dog Red, Muscadine, 6.5G
*06/24/17 - Muscadine Red, Muscadine, 2G
*07/06/17 - X-Treme Mustang, Muscadine, 5G

Future Batches
Batch Name - Varietal - Size

???, WineExpert Eclipse CabSav, 5G (Purchased)
???, WineExpert Moscato, 1G (Purchased)
???, WineExpert Merlot, 1G (Purchased)
???, Serrano CabSav (Cabanero?), 1G (serrano's in the garden now...)
???, Watermelon, 1G
???, Honey Mead, 5G

Last edited:
In process:
Raspberry tea wine ( using Celest Raspberry Zinger)
Pino Grigio (frozen pail)
Blueberry pomegranate ( using Northland 100% juice)

Bill

Currently fermenting 3G Riesling Ice Wine (Apres kit)
Fermenting 1G Rhubarb wine from a recipe I found

I recently looked at buying the Apres Riesling Ice Wine kit when I was in my local wine making supply store but didn't pull the trigger. Does it come with an Fpac?

Yes, there is an F-pac. It looks to be about two cups. Last time i used an Apres kit F-pac I removed 4 cups, added the F-pac, then added almost three cups back to top off a 3G Carboy. The carboys aren't marked, so I wasn;t sure when I topped it off how much I actually had. But, when all was said and done, after all the settling, claring and moving between carboys I ened up with just under 30 of the small 375 bottles - which woud have been just under 15 750ml sized bottles.

New to posting so forgive me if I mess this up. Hopefully this posts to what are you making, what have you made.
I like to make wine from juices from Chile, California and Great Lake Region. Usually reds like Carmenaire, Old Vine Zin and Malbec. Also make Black Raspberry from fruit picked from my vines; it is a little more work but a favorite of ours. Takes about 25 pounds of berries and two years to age so would be rather expensive if berries were not free. I probably have 300-400 bottles in cellar and I try to make enough to keep supply at this level so I can allow my new to bottle age a while. All are made dry except for an occasional sweet fruity kit wine for the non-wine lover friends.
Recently got an 11 liter Malbec Kit at closeout price so thought I would try it for the price but thinking it might disappoint compared to the juice Malbec I’ve been making I decided to beef it up a bit with 8 pounds of black raspberries and 2.5 pounds of sugar. Should finish to be 13% alcohol. Fermenting went very well and it’s ready for the secondary so took a taste. I think it’s going to make a very good wine. I will follow the kit directions for clearing and finishing instead of allowing it to clear over a year or so as I usually do with my juice and berry batches.
I need to get some of the berries out of the freezer so rather than clean up the berry bag and putting away the primary I think I will just add about 20# of berries to what’s left in the berry bag and get a new batch of black raspberry going.

At M38A1:
I am using the tea as a base. Added a 24 oz bag of frozen raspberries, 1/2 teaspoon citric acid and sugar to S.G. 1.080.

PH ?? - Don't know.

Bill

(Unable to edit old post.)

I'm new to the party but gaining speed: (I should probably update this statement at some point.)

Made and gone
- WE World Vineyard Trinty Red (May 2016)
- CC Sterling Sauvignon Blanc (Jun 2016)
- CC Sterling Malbec (Aug 2016)

In the "one bottle a month" rotation
- RJS En Primeur Italian Super Tuscan (Jul 2016)
- Peach Wine from my own little peach tree (Aug 2016)
- WE Selection Luna Bianca (Dec 2016)
- WE Eclipse Lodi Ranch 11 Cabernet Sauvignon (Dec 2016)
- CC Showcase Chilean Carménère (Jan 2017)
- CC Sterling Pinot Grigio (May 2017)
- CC Passport Kookaburra Red (May 2017)

Bottle aging
- CC Showcase Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel (July 2017) (Extended Maceration)
- WE LE16 Milagro (Sep 2017)
- CC Showcase Walla Walla Cabernet Merlot (Sep 2017) (Extended Maceration)
- CC Sterling Merlot (Apr 2018)

Bulk aging
- WE Eclipse Stag's Leap Merlot (May 2018) (Extended Maceration)

Fermenting
- RJS En Primeur Chilean Malbec (July 2018) (Extended Maceration)
- Peach Wine from my own little peach tree (Aug 2018)

On deck
- RJS RQ18 Eminence Spanish Tempranillo

I added the yeast today into 4 batches of peach wine, my first effort making peach wine. All 4 batches have starting SG of 1.100 and temperature around 23.3 Celsius.
I hope all goes well and end up with good tasting wine. I followed a recipe I found online.

Attachments

• 20180823_194110.jpg
    20180823_194110.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 32
(Unable to edit old post.)

I'm new to the party but gaining speed: (I should probably update this statement at some point.)

Made and gone
- WE World Vineyard Trinty Red (May 2016)
- CC Sterling Sauvignon Blanc (Jun 2016)
- CC Sterling Malbec (Aug 2016)

In the "one bottle a month" rotation
- RJS En Primeur Italian Super Tuscan (Jul 2016)
- Peach Wine from my own little peach tree (Aug 2016)
- WE Selection Luna Bianca (Dec 2016)
- WE Eclipse Lodi Ranch 11 Cabernet Sauvignon (Dec 2016)
- CC Showcase Chilean Carménère (Jan 2017)
- CC Sterling Pinot Grigio (May 2017)
- CC Passport Kookaburra Red (May 2017)

Bottle aging
- CC Showcase Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel (July 2017) (Extended Maceration)
- WE LE16 Milagro (Sep 2017)
- CC Showcase Walla Walla Cabernet Merlot (Sep 2017) (Extended Maceration)
- CC Sterling Merlot (Apr 2018)

Bulk aging
- WE Eclipse Stag's Leap Merlot (May 2018) (Extended Maceration)

Fermenting
- RJS En Primeur Chilean Malbec (July 2018) (Extended Maceration)
- Peach Wine from my own little peach tree (Aug 2018)

On deck
- RJS RQ18 Eminence Spanish Tempranillo
nice list

Hows the "CC Showcase Chilean Carménère"?

I have some carmenere vines in my vineyard. I am going crazy waiting for them to get ready to make grapes.

nice list

Hows the "CC Showcase Chilean Carménère"?

I have some carmenere vines in my vineyard. I am going crazy waiting for them to get ready to make grapes.

I'm jealous of your vines! Good luck waiting for harvest time.

We opened a bottle of Carmenere about 2 weeks ago, and it's good! Heavy on the oak, but it is integrating nicely. I unfortunately can taste kit taste, and the Carmenere is now at the age where I would buy it again if I got it from the store. I expect it to only get better each month. I will make it again eventually.

I'm jealous of your vines! Good luck waiting for harvest time.

We opened a bottle of Carmenere about 2 weeks ago, and it's good! Heavy on the oak, but it is integrating nicely. I unfortunately can taste kit taste, and the Carmenere is now at the age where I would buy it again if I got it from the store. I expect it to only get better each month. I will make it again eventually.
Tell you what, if I remember ill save a bottle when i finally get some carmenere made. And send it to you.

Tell you what, if I remember ill save a bottle when i finally get some carmenere made. And send it to you.
Some imfo for whosoever.
Have made several cheap kits and used toasted oaks and added Dunkin coffee beans to color the back side.
If you are a coffee enthouist you will enjoy the wine.... any red,any white.
Delicious.

Currently got cab sauv/merlot,pinot noir and a rubiano grape in carboys aging nicely. Rubianio is my first attempt from grapes acquired locally in northern michigan. Started with the box kits then progressed to juice from a wholesaler from chilean harvest then from california and italy in the fall. I now have a stainless steel press and just took posession on a new crusher/destemmer. I'm currently trying to find grapes from the harvest thats about to begin but I may have waited too long. Should have looked six months ago and secured a local supplier.

4 batches of Peach wine are now into secondary fermentation. Looks to be coming along quite fine and fermentation still looks good. I would guess secondary fermentation will be done in a fairly short amount of time and then onto the stabilizing and clearing. Looking forward to finding out how the wine tastes when all is done.

Attachments

• 20180828_093634.jpg
    20180828_093634.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 21
I first started with:
Pin Cherry and have made 3 variations now.
Rhubarb, and have made this 3 times.
Mountain Ash which is different and very good.
Black Cherry
Strawberry
Black Raspberry and Red Raspberry...like the red better
Apple 4 different times and all different and loved each
Peach better as it ages and love it
Pumpkin was a bust...threw it out.
Have a onion wine that I tasted someone else's and now waiting to pick my onion's to try.
These were all wild berries we picked and all were 5 gallons to 6

Kits we have made:
Zinfandel
Chardonnay
Merlot
Riesling
Sauvignon Blanc

I have a batch of all grape sangiovese going. I expect between 4-5 gallons of wine I won't know untill I press. It's currently fermenting.

Latest posts

Back