What are you making and what have you made ???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in secondary: strawberry jam wine - 5 gallon

bombs made : apwelwine - 1 gallon ( learning expeirence)

Bryan

I know this is an old post, but I am a newby here. I am thinking about making some apwelwine and wondered what bombed. Some people love it, so I would love to hear what made this one fail in your opinion.

started some peach wine to blend with a mimosa flower wine I made last year. It's sour with a peachy aftertaste, so I think the marriage should be awesome giving it strong peach flavor.

Ok I'm gonna add my stuff here to , just to keep track ;)

Fermenting:
-----------------------

Clearing:
-----------------------
Bulk aging:
-Orange wine(5 gallon)
-argentia Ridge Merlot
-blueberry wine (7gallon)
-Fruit Salad wine (around 2 gallons)

Bottle aging:
-Vinter's reserve Sauvignon blanc

Available to drink:

-Skeeter Pee #1 (orange wine slurry)(7gallon)
-Argentia Ridge Shiraz
-Argentia Ridge Pinot Griggio
-hard ice tea (6 gallon)
-Wineexpert White Zinfadel (6 gallon)
-Skeeter Pee #2 (with a blueberry slurrry)(5 gallon)

Dead and gone:
-Argentia Ridge Peache Chardonnay
-Cheecky monkey Merlot
-Island Mist White Craneberry Pinot Gris
-Island Mist Blackberry Merlot
-and many more that I don't remember.....;)

Future projects:
-Strawberry-Chocolate Port
-Apple wine
-Jalapenno wine
-wine expert's: Australian Shiraz/Viognier
pacifica White
Italian Primitivo
Austria Grüner Veltliner
Portuguese Douro Tinto

Last edited:
Big Jeff, why are you ready wine just available? You have an obligation to get busy drinking what is "available" to make room for the others that just waiting to be available.

Big Jeff, why are you ready wine just available? You have an obligation to get busy drinking what is "available" to make room for the others that just waiting to be available.

lol!
I worked on it really hard this week-end believe me, I'm about to take one off the list!! :)

Just ONE !! ??

LOL I only just bottle those 2 that are ready a couple of weeks ago!! ;)...because of renos and all winter end beeing away most of the summer the wine rack was pretty much empty until the week end!! :p

I promise I will work harder!! :)

U need MORE practice !
I however do not need that ... LOL hic hic

started some peach wine to blend with a mimosa flower wine I made last year. It's sour with a peachy aftertaste, so I think the marriage should be awesome giving it strong peach flavor.

That's what I need to do. I made 5 gallons from fresh peaches a couple of years ago, and it was awesome. My wife went bonkers over it. I need to vacate a carboy first, though :dg

I've never tried memosa. In fact, I've never heard of it before in a wine.

My current craft list

True. Isn't this a law of nature?

Big jeff

Getting more practice will come in time getting down the basics in good fashion takes quite a while.patient is the key as TOM will attest to,this to will come with practice and time.:i

getting more practice will come in time getting down the basics in good fashion takes quite a while.patient is the key as tom will attest to,this to will come with practice and time.:i

think outside the box

Aging / Fermenting

6 gal CA Red Zinfandel
6 gal CA Mixed Black
6 gal CA Sangiovese
6 gal CA Cabernet Sauvignon
6 gal Plum Wine (fresh)
6 gal Pineapple (steamed juice)
6 gal Strawberry (steamed juice)
18 gal Peach wine (fresh)
6 gal Strawberry (from steamed juice)
6 gal Blueberry (from steamed juice)
12 Gal Chilean Cab/Merlot
12 gal Chilean Carmenere
6 gal Chilean Red Zinfandel
6 gal Chilean Malbec
6 gal Apple, Kiwi, Strawberry
6 gal Plum (from can)
6 gal CA Chianti
6 gal Italian Amarone

Home of the
Moon River Brewery
and
Delanco Vineyards

Tom do you do any barrel aging ?? ie.. like 53 gallons or larger?? Just wondering because you have all 6 gallon carboys. Is there any reason why not or is it just becuase you can have a big different variations of wine. Just wondering

No, I like variety not quanity. So, no barrels. Of I forgot I need to update whats fermenting as I started some Italian and bottles some from 12 months ago.

Adding my list to this.

Strawberry (gone:d)
Blackberry/Raspberry (clearing)
Watermelon (clearing)
Peach (went vinegar on me:po)
Pinapple (clearing)
Apple Cinnamon (clearing)
Habenero (secondary)
Grape/Cherry (primary)
Tea (secondary)
Sugar :dg
Skeeter Pee (clearing)