What are you making and what have you made ???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tonyt

what brand of rasins did you use,I would like to made a true spanish wine thats what the tampanello is from chilly how ever(grapes only).:br

When I have added raisins I have added organic Red Flame Raisins from Whole Foods. The Rojo with raisins is on my wish list for the future, just in case someone would like to send me one for my October birthday.

I made a gallon batch of concord grape/raspberry today.
I raided my son's neglected concord grapevine and got 9 lbs from it. Put it together with 6 lbs of thawed raspberries. It should be interesting.

I made a gallon batch of concord grape/raspberry today.
I raided my son's neglected concord grapevine and got 9 lbs from it. Put it together with 6 lbs of thawed raspberries. It should be interesting.

t6his sounds very taste if anything else a great after dinner wine:db

When I have added raisins I have added organic Red Flame Raisins from Whole Foods. The Rojo with raisins is on my wish list for the future, just in case someone would like to send me one for my October birthday.

doing the raisins in to different fashions adds different end results,first by them selves in the secondary not in the primary,for me adds the death of texture not added sugar,then if you can find it maybe at whole foods, raisin paste its dryer and deeper,made into a tea and concentrated down adds great depth.............just some racing tips.:pic

doing the raisins in to different fashions adds different end results,first by them selves in the secondary not in the primary,for me adds the death of texture not added sugar,then if you can find it maybe at whole foods, raisin paste its dryer and deeper,made into a tea and concentrated down adds great depth.............just some racing tips.:pic

So how do you easily remove the grapes from the secondary? And how long do you leave them.

While racking from one bucket to another add the raisens to a straining bag for 2 weeks and then just remove the straining bag.
It would be harder to remove if you rack to glass

While racking from one bucket to another add the raisens to a straining bag for 2 weeks and then just remove the straining bag.
It would be harder to remove if you rack to glass

Yes, I go from primary plastic bucket to 6gal glass carboy. Didn't know there was another option?

Thats one advantage racking a little early (1.015) this way you can get a blanket of gas to protect. Then rack to glass

removing grapes or raisins

So how do you easily remove the grapes from the secondary? And how long do you leave them.

just like tepe stated strainer bags are the ticket ,you could also use painters paint strainer bags if a brew place is to far from you....:gn

made today

:pic Today I picked up my california juices,VIOGINER and FRENCH COLOMBARD,both of which I enjoy making they always come out a winner,racked 8gal, of peach slush,to make peach wine,bottled two very different we kits,a strawberry margarita and a mohato,both I kicked up at the abv level,what great taste and color for a fun kit,also and Im proud of this I made my very own white zin/pomegranate wine,2 season zin,and pom pure juice,blended perfectly what a winner,I also did the blend for the we kit mine supasses the kit in death and flavor,and the kit was quite good..had a great day in
my MAN CAVE all alone at peace with my music,football and wine,:sm

Primary:
Nothing :<

Secondary:
Chardonel
Apple Spice

Aging:
Strawberry Peach - 32 Gallons
Pinot Noir - 5 gallons
Sauvignon Blanc - 5 Gallons

Future:
Fruits:
Strawberry Peach
Strawberry Banana
Banana
Peach
Strawberry
Apple Spice

Whites:
Chardonel
Seyval Blanc
Vidal Blanc

Reds:
Norton

--- Bottled ---
Apple Spice - 2 Gallons
Strawberry Peach - 6 Gallons
Seyval Blanc - 6 Gallons
Chardonel - 12 Gallons
Choke Cherry - 1 Gallon

Apple Spice - 6 Gallons
Strawberry Peach - 34 Gallons
Seyval Blanc - 6.5 Gallons
Lake House Blanc (Seyval/Vidal Blend) - 3 Gallons
Vidal Blanc - 6.5 Gallons
Chardonel - 13 Gallons

Apple Spice - 7 Gallons

Last edited:
What are you making

WHAT EXACTLY ARE THESE ,GREAT LOOKING FRUIT WINES CAN YOU GIVE ME A LITTLE BETTER INSITE....:br THE SUGAR PLUM AND THE SAAKATOON CRANBERRY

Last edited:
WHAT EXACTLY ARE THESE ,GREAT LOOKING FRUIT WINES CAN YOU GIVE ME A LITTLE BETTER INSITE....:br THE SUGAR PLUM AND THE SAAKATOON CRANBERRY

Visit my gallery "Visit to E. SD Wine Country" for the saskatoon berry info. I made the plum wine from the plums picked in that album, too, from S.D..

After reading up on the Saskatoon (serviceberry) berries, it's best to couple it with an acidic fruit, so I chose cranberry. So far, it's full of body, but i'm only on my 1st rack.

The sugar plum I haven't decided if I am going to spice it, but I would think it would almost be expected, don't you?

Ordered another 120 bottle wine rack from George. It will be full as soon as I bottle what I have in the carboys.
Also got a few more stoppers for 1 gallon jugs and a brewers best ale kit.

Nearly drained, but about 36 gallons is coming along

11/13/10 - Started 5 gallons of Peach wine.
10/16 - Started my first gallon of Mead.
10/15 - Started a 5 gallon batch of Skeeter Pee

Muscadine - Picked and in the primary the next day
2 - 5 gallon batches - first batch is complete and seems to be disappearing. Not sure why- hic.
1 - 6 gallon batch.

Concord grape - fresh picked and then fortified with frozen juice
1 - 6 gallon batch

1 Gallon of Cayenne Pepper wine
1 Gallon of Jalapeno Wine

Blackberry Wine
1 - 6 gallon
1 - 3 gallon
5 - 1 gallon

Green Tea wine
1 - 6 gallon batch - so far, it tastes like medicine.

Alfelwein - Just started 10/4/10
1 - 5 gallon

5 gallons of Belgium Chocolate Beer
5 gallons of German Altbeir

A snapshot of my past glory:
5 Gallons of Peach wine
1 Gallon - Concord from concentrate
3 Gallons - Concord from fresh grapes
10 gallons of handpicked muscadine wine. I actually have three bottles left from 2008. Had four, but something happened to the last bottle :b
5 Gallons of Strawberry wine
5 Gallons of Chocolate beer - best beer I've made
5 Gallons of English Beer - a wee bit too bitter for me. But I had to drink it anyway

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back