What are you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a picture of the set on display. I ordered the weathed wood look with a brownish red trim. Its all made out of poly which is recycled milk cartons. We have a lot of this type of furniture on our patio and this is for the deck. I am tired of sitting in a chair on the deck and the railing is right at eye level. With this pub set we'll be able to see out over the gardens and yard.

PubTable.jpg

Tom this is the link to where I got it. http://amishoakshowcase.com/This is all Amish made. The best part is we leave the stuff out all winter and it stays perfect every year as all the screws and hardwareare stainless. The only thing that will really hurt it is leaves in the Fall. The oils would stain it. A lot of real and fake Amish stores are selling different styles of this furniture. We just found that this group has the best style.

I find this a little bit funny. It is recycled plastic milk jugs- mad by Amish! Real craftsmen at their best, doing all sorts of great woodworking- turning out plastic furniture! I 'wood' never have guessed.
smiley36.gif

You're right about the craftsmenship Rich. I am not sure where they are buying the material from but I'll take this over wood anyday for outside. It's well worth the exra money. I have one bench that's about 8 years old and it looks as good as the day we bought it and we leave it outdoors all year long.

Had the exact same thought. This must be "Nuevo Amish" ! Nice little set!

appleman said:
I find this a little bit funny. It is recycled plastic milk jugs- mad by Amish!  Real craftsmen at their best, doing all sorts of great woodworking- turning out plastic furniture!  I 'wood' never have guessed.
smiley36.gif

well last night me and some of my students of wine making bottled from 2009,28 bottles of cab,27 bottles of malbec semi dry ,and 28 bottles of a rich deep tasting, malbec with oak and raisins,layered into the
smiley2.gif
flavor ,,and aged 2 yrs. , we also had good food to go along with the work,as usual................
smiley1.gif

Yesterday I want to a Washington Winemakers event held at a social hall of a church in DC. Winemakers in the group brought their wine to share with the parishioners and each other after mass. Each winemaker or group set up a table and everyone made their rounds to taste the wines. It was a little intimidating at first being my first time and not knowing anyone but the folks were all very friendly and easy to talk to. Of course a little wine makes everyone friendly and talkative. I wish I had a chance to talk wine making with the other winemakers to see how they differ from us but that wasn't the format. All in all a really fun time and will do it again next year.

Hey, I made it to the tasting, too! It was great to get an idea of what came out of same grapes, different winemakers. Most of them weren't on the technical chat side, though, so I am still trying to get a handle on yeast choices. And did you try the smoked venison and turkey? Makes me want to grab my backyard animals.

Hey, I made it to the tasting, too! It was great to get an idea of what came out of same grapes, different winemakers. Most of them weren't on the technical chat side, though, so I am still trying to get a handle on yeast choices. And did you try the smoked venison and turkey? Makes me want to grab my backyard animals.

I didn't have a chance to try anyone's food. Did you come to my table? I was the closest table to the door on the far right.

I remember yours, too. There were several barbera and syrah I tried to compare. I think I gave up asking too many fermentation questions by the time I came back around to your table. Not many people brought white wines.

Latest posts

Back