What are you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh geez......

We are flying out to KC, MO to visit my in-laws on Thursday for the long Holiday weekend.....

Looks like it will be spent indoors staying (or trying to say) warm.

Hope it warms up by the end of the week.

Yep, on Monday, thank you MLK for the day off.

We also work a modified 9/80 schedule where you work 80 hours in 9 days instead of 10 and every other Friday is off.
smiley4.gif

note how Mike felt obliged to once again have to account for his vacation time

we dont REALLY know if he worked the 9/80, he may have been scheduled for it but that doesnt mean he didnt take a sick day to taste test his vino ;)

as for me...i plan on cleaning my garage today..i can post pictures if need be :)

"Now now, jealousy will get you nowhere!

Pictures or it never happened Al!
smiley36.gif
"

any pics proving that your worked a 9/80 and i dont mean phony surveillance tapes :)

hye wish me luck..i left some wine outside in carboys last night..going to check on them now..it got down to 20F should be ok...tonite is another matter w expected 15F

Mike,I am trying to crack the code on your photos that flash on your posting.

OK it starts with a Photo of you and your wife, Next it is Grapes, then Barrels, Finally an Atomic BOOM! HMMMMMMM, What does it mean?
smiley36.gif

Have Fun in KC

Thats one is easy. Spend too much time in the winery and wife goes BOOM!
smiley36.gif

Scott B said:
I am trying to crack the code on your photos that flash on your posting.

OK it starts with a Photo of you and your wife, Next it is Grapes, then Barrels, Finally an Atomic BOOM! HMMMMMMM, What does it mean?
smiley36.gif

Have Fun in KC

ibglowin said:
oh geez......

We are flying out to KC, MO to visit my in-laws on Thursday for the long Holiday weekend.....

Looks like it will be spent indoors staying (or trying to say) warm.

Hope it warms up by the end of the week.

I want to be Mike's house sitter. That would be a full time job with all the wine I could brink. Dude, you're gone more than the Secretary of State.
smiley32.gif

About as much evidence of you cleaning out the garage!

Hey I work 9 hours out of 80 every 2 weeks!

Al Fulchino said:
any pics proving that your worked a 9/80 and i dont mean phony surveillance tapes :)

I am in Palm Springs, CA most of this week. I know Al, Its a tough job but someone has to do it!

I am stuck indoors listening to some exciting (and some not so exciting) scientific papers on laboratory robotics and automation. Supposed to hit 70 by this afternoon. Flowers and green grass everywhere.
smiley4.gif

I plan on sneaking out this afternoon to do some "field research" at the pool however!
smiley2.gif

Heading back to ABQ and the "real world" I suppose today.

Yesterday's high was 71. That old song from the Clash "Should I Stay or Should I Go" comes to mind.......
smiley5.gif

Its been pretty nice here, I think I could hang out here for a few more days!

20110202_105535_IMG_0724.jpg

that looks quite pretty...i just got in from using the snow blower and taking snow off of two greenhouses...got one more to do,....the hardest one....stopped in the winery to check on the heat and things.....and a sip......

Mike i just wanted to let you know that 60 minutes, and Dateline are at your "conference"...so look dutiful!

They're all at the conference where the photographer SHOULD be.

That was my walk from the Hotel to the PS Convention Center.
smiley4.gif

It's 3 degrees currently in ABQ with a low of -9 tomorrow AM. It was fun while it lasted!

Hey, that's gotta be a doctored up photo; no place in the Northern hemisphere could POSSIBLY look that nice right now - its a minus 2 degrees F. out side right now!!!!

Ha! Welcome home, Mike.
The temperature change had to be a real shocker.
smiley19.gif

Getting rid of snow again!!! I dont think my snow blower has seen this much action in the 7 years Ive had it as its seen in the last 3 weeks! I now have just under 4' of snow in my yard and thats not where the snow blower is blowing any.

Latest posts

Back