What are you doing right now?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
I am making leftovers into soup.

it's.... Chicken /Bacon/ mushroom /blue cheese and sour cream soup

and I have two loaves of homemade Rosemary bread to go with it.

Allie

Starting a "SPECIAL" dinner.
We are celebrating our 40th Anniversary today.
:b

oh wow.. congratulations Tom..

what's for dinner then?

have you got the best bottles out of the winecellar yet?

hehehhe

Allie

Congrats on that Tom! Im chilling as I had a long day yesterday between picking for about a little over 4 hours and then getting that batch started and then my wife wanted to go out so we did and came home late. First time we've been out in awhile, alone!

Thanks Wade.
Also busy taking care of my 21 carboys aging, 9 of which is from fresh fruit/juice the last 2 months.

First off, congrats Tom on 40 years.

For me, I have been sitting here for a few hours trying to fix my computer. It looks like it is toast. I think my hard drive failed. It wont re-load windows after a format. I drug out my old machine that works like a top. If you see a lot of typos it is cause I am getting back used to the tiny keyboard on it.

Speaking of eats, I cooked on of the best meals I ever fixed today. I think I may just make a post about it in the Food/Wine forum.

Racked my 3 gallon strawberry yesterday. It is clearing nicely and the add of Ascorbic acid when I racked helped it hold the color. I will have to post a pic later. Then the exciting work of laundry and vacuming.

Congratulations Tom!

What am I doing right now...surfing the internet...:D

Peace,
Bob

3 gallons done

I have enough for another 3 gallons.. plus a bucket of mandarins and two buckets of lemons.

might make that into cordial and bottle it for summer.

Party at Allie's house! How do you find the time? My husband thinks I am obsessed :)

I am home alone with my 2 cats and 1 dog, watching a re-run of dating in the dark, which is an interesting experiment. Having a glass of white wine (pretty good, just needs to age a bit). Just finished bottling 18 bottles of Merlot and 16 Red Wine Sangria (per demand).

Waiting on my family to visit for my birthday (Saturday) to bring my needed supplies. Don't worry - I would be happy to see them in any case, just ecstatic to see them bearing winemaking tools ;)

Betty

Betty,
What kind of wine tool are they bringing?

Party at Allie's house! How do you find the time? My husband thinks I am obsessed :)

Betty

Hehehehe,

It's winter, not much happening in the vege patch cept onions, leeks and silverbeet, the main garden is asleep.. so no weeding to do.

and it's too cold for surfing.

Allie

So if its winter what kind of temps you grt?

quite nice today Tom..

at 2pm Tue 4 August
Auckland
Temperature: 15 °C
Wind Speed: 19 km/h
Wind Direction: NW
Rainfall (last hr): 0.0 mm
Humidity: 53 %
Pressure: 1018 hPa

I'm going for a run now..

Allie

Betty,
What kind of wine tool are they bringing?

Hi Tom
They are bringing supplies, etc. There is no wine store here in Belize, and no one will ship here, so I am pretty dependent on visitors..... I am getting a pump aspirator and some zork corks this trip.

Hearing this talk of winter is heart breaking. Our wonderful Florida weather is in the mid 90's (F) with 75% humidity. Almost every day now we have thunderstorms and rain. It's our rainy season, oh yeah hurricane season too. But that's really slow now, thankfully.
Right now I'm getting caught up on the forums I visit before calling it a night. Got to fly to Norfolk Va tomorrow to drive my #1 daughter back home. She broke her leg up there last week while having a months vacation with her hubby. Friday he's back off to St. Paul island off Alaska and back to work for the Coast Guard.

Hearing this talk of winter is heart breaking. Our wonderful Florida weather is in the mid 90's (F) with 75% humidity. Almost every day now we have thunderstorms and rain. It's our rainy season, oh yeah hurricane season too. But that's really slow now, thankfully.
Right now I'm getting caught up on the forums I visit before calling it a night. Got to fly to Norfolk Va tomorrow to drive my #1 daughter back home. She broke her leg up there last week while having a months vacation with her hubby. Friday he's back off to St. Paul island off Alaska and back to work for the Coast Guard.

ouch!

how did she break her leg?

Allie

Latest posts

Back