What are you doing right now?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
supermarkets are selling them for almost $2 each here, Steve

I was out at a rural grocers shop this morning .. and they just cleared their shelves of anything that was marked or bruised. Just in the right place at the right time. My capsicum relish is always the first thing to get eaten.. the teens put it on everything.

three big bags of apples too.. the steers will get those as a treat.

Allie

I havent been making any new wines lately, its too cold here and no excess fruit of any type. I have got a shiraz kit to make up but worry that the temp dips a bit too low at night for starting a wine up.

At the moment Im into my 3rd day of celebrating my birthday!!! I usually do for a week but this is only my 41st and Im dieting so dont want too many bottles of wine under my belt!!!!

sipping on some wine actually

been dying to taste how my apple is coming and it happened to be racking day for it

also was time for the first rack of my "apple raspberry blueberry" concoction so i saved a glass or 2 of that also that wouldnt fit in the secondary

the apple went down a little but not enough to hinder headspace

wow lety me tell ya how potent the 2 are coming along WOW
can you say backsweeten
the apple is about completely dry id say from tasting it and the other is pretty close
who says you can come up with the right amount of sugar without a hydrometer(LOL i know i got lucky trust me)

You will have to keep us up to date on your apple raspberry blueberry concoction. It sounds pretty good to me. i made a pineapple orange strawberry that is pretty good and should get better. if I can stay out of it of course!

the little taste i had of it was pretty good
can taste the raspberry in it and a little apple after taste
should be great here in a few months id think

Right now deciding if I should have a Beer (homenade chocolate oatmeal stout) or Wine..
Decisions.. Decisions..
Life should be so hard on a 94* day.

am off to the supermarket and then making another 3 gallons of lemon wine.

more citrus than I can cope with.. Have got a big bag of oranges .. so gonna hunt out a recipe for those too.

Allie

I got a 5 and a half pound pork roast for $12 (about $7 US?) at the supermarket.. so am putting it on slow cook with all the trimmings..

the citrus can wait til tomorrow!

Allie

I am having a tiny glass of my plum banana port - OMG, it is fabulous! It was a 1 gallon test (the must tasted so good, I just pulled off 1 gallon and fortified it with Brandy). It cleared after 2 months and is a beautiful cherry red color.

Plan: Start a 6 gallon batch of this to hopefully be ready for the holidays :)

UMM, I dont recall seeing this in our recipe section and sounds like it needs to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Right now deciding if I should have a Beer (homenade chocolate oatmeal stout) or Wine..
Decisions.. Decisions..
Life should be so hard on a 94* day.

life is too short to make such drastic decisions Tom just have both :b:d lol

I've started a spicy melomel over the weekend and am about to attack my apple trees.
I'm starting to keep an eye on local rosehips as well.

if you have a lot of apples Leanne..make cider..

I won't bother making apple wine again..the cider was so much better.

Allie

Cider! Now there's an idea. I'll look for some recipies for that then.
Thanks.:D

Hi Wade
This is the resource I used for the port. Because my natal plums are much more like cranberries than plums, I used your recipe for cranberry wine (and added bananas). After 5 days in primary the must was just fabulous tasting and smelling, so as an experiment, I pulled off 1 gallon and added vodka (later had to add additional brandy as it did not stop the fermentation). I will use these as "lessons learned" and re-write the entire process when I do my next batch....

http://www.winemakermag.com/stories/cw/article/indices/16-country-winemaking/313-fruit-port

emptied the cupboards and the freezer this morning..

fermenting another 3 gallons of strawberry guava wine and located the rosehip syrup I made last fall.. after my memory being jogged by genes postings.. that has made 2 and a half gallons in a primary. Also have a few kilos of raspberries and blueberries left.. ( thinking about what to do with those)

I have just put a large casserole dish of macaroni cheese in the oven.. it's almost lunchtime.

Allie

Latest posts

Back