What are you doing right now?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Betty,
What kind of wine tool are they bringing?

Hi Tom
They are bringing supplies, etc. There is no wine store here in Belize, and no one will ship here, so I am pretty dependent on visitors..... I am getting a pump aspirator and some zork corks this trip.

Now thats a shame that you have to rely on friends to bring it in. I hope they come there often!

first of all congrats on 40 years to you and your misses Tom

and right now im doing nothing but reading the forums
just got finished starting my new concoction lol blueberry raspeberry apple
sounds weird but it tastes good

Getting the aspirator pump huh, thats why i use and it saves my back big time. I rack with it and degas with it. I may eventually even filter with it and soon will bottle with it.

Drinking a nice cold home brewed draught beer after a very hot day of work and a long crab apple picking session.

Drinking a nice cold home brewed draught beer after a very hot day of work and a long crab apple picking session.

best time for a cold beer is the end of a hot day mmmmmm

and i just had some chicken wings that made my eyes water

Last edited:
What am I doing right now....

Well a very good family member brought over some of the very best wine I ever had the pleasure to sample and then some.

Needless to say over a few glasses and a few shots and a few roasted chilies I am doing pretty well "right now".... :)

On another not now I must make some plumb wine ASAP!!!

What am I doing right now?

Well, I've been out of the loop for at least a month. Working a new shift, (3rd and I hate it) and trying to get my syllabus and order books for the next school year. I haven't had a chance to check up on the forum as much as i used too or start any new wines. All my others are still in the secondary aging.

I have started brewing beer so that has been fun.

I have some chili peppers sitting on my counter just waiting to be made into something great.

WSG

Just kegged 5 gallons of beer, racked 13 gallons of raspberry wine, racked 3 gallons of dandelion wine, cleaned up all those carboys and stuff and then cleaned the entire wine making room floor to ceiling as its been awhile. It wasnt really dirty but I do like to keep everything clean.

right now im wondering why i ever started this stuff LOL

this is worse than an addiction i swear
i see fruit in the store or growing beside the road or taste some different kind of juice and think "hmmmm.....i bet this(or that) would make some good wine"

Where do you think I find all these fruits!!!!!!!! The raspberries are a combination from my work parking lot and a state park not far from work. The dandelions were from a park near my house and my yard. The blackberries are from a place also not to far from work, the elderberries will be from up the road and the crab apples are from down the road. All spotted while driving around!!!!!!!!!!

They were horseing around at her Sister in Laws above ground pool, after having a couple drinks and she jumped down the steps to get away from the bunch she had just splashed.
It turned out to be a long couple days. I couldn't leave Norfolk Va till about 2:30 pm when my SIL caught his flight back to Alaska.
We ended up home here in central Florida about 2:30 am Saturday morning.
Thank the good Lord I didn't find any highway patrol officers waiting for me on the interstates.
Just shy of 1000 miles in twelve hours, including stops.

Well off to my monthly Wine Club Meeting. this month its a wine "pool / BBQ" meeting. Looking forward to see what wine the members will bring. Oh did I say We look forward to "Joeswine" Wines..
We also trade wine stories. What we did and how we fix it.

Well today I bottled my Strawberry - Kiwi and my Mixed Fruit. (6 gallons of each)

how was the wine meeting Tom?

Today I am making another 6 gallons of grapefruit wine.. and hunting for recipes for lemon wine.

.. the neighbours are dropping off extra fruit to me.. seems we had a bumper crop of grapefruit. Luckily I bought all those plastic 3 gallon water bottles.

Allie

Was a WET one (pool party). The BBQ was great a brisket and pulled pork. And of course our members WINE! We had a blast acting NOT our ages in the pool. :b

I've been bottling mead and starting MORE apricot wine. We seem to have apricots up the wazoo this year. I just don't know what I'll do with them all (blinks innocently and looks blonde).;) :d

Racking and degassing another batch of blueberry. The first one is spoken for already. Tomorrow am its off to the sisters to pick pears and more dewberries. Pear is one of my favorites so far. Delicate, lightly sweet....oh yeh.

scored three large boxes of red bell peppers for four dollars a box..

making capsicum relish for the storecupboard..

storecupboard is looking a bit empty.

Allie

preserves-cupboard.jpg

Peppers much be cheaper in your area of the world. A red bell pepper is like a dollar a piece around here.

Latest posts

Back