Western PA wine Party Aug 14th

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, folks the next Wine party will be at my house. You are all invited. Please pm me for the information.

Enjoy the Pictures from our last meet at Julies house.

Last edited:
Well, how did it go? Sort of figured there would have been pics or an update posted. Are you still trying to figure out where the stock from your wine cellar went?

Hope a good time was had by all.

Think Dan and others are sleeping it off....:sl

With the exception of the heat early in the day I had a great time.

I don't know about pictures though Dan was pretty busy entertaining, I didn't see a camera in his hand even once.

Well, unforturnately, Mike and I did not make it. At the last minute, we had a family emergency, nothing serious, but it was something the could not wait. When you have older parents, sometimes that has to be the priority.

So Dan when are you have the next one?

We are not quite sure how he pulled it off but some how Dan arranged a fly over by a couple of UFO's as a finale.

McDonald's for Breakfast and to read the paper, came home and did clean up and Damn everyone else is sill in bed. Unfortunately several folks couldn't make it due to previous engagements and family emergencies. At 9:00am me daughters boyfriend from Penn State area did a surprise visit. pretty cool as he has never traveled out on his own before so the three hour drive was an experience for him. Nice kid but dang it why didn't he get here earlier when we were dragging all the tables and chairs up from the basement. Guess what his *** is doing as soon as he wakes up? :)

All in all great party lots of wine and food. Several wine makers from the area showed up and could talk your ear off for ever. One guy I talked about before who I said has probably close to a thousand cases in his basement and probably 75 full carboys was quiet please to meet others in the area including Rod who traveled several hours to get here. I believe Rod is going over to Bill's house this morning to buy some carboys before heading back home. Bill is trying to down size a bit and s selling 5 gallon carboys 3/$50.00.

:m Sorry no pictures. I went down in the basement at one point about 5:00 and came back out and the sun was down. Dang two hours down there with a steady flow of people coming down for tour and Some special tasting for just the wine makers. The party was outside and in the garage.

The folks holding the next wine competition which is in the heart of the Lake Erie wine country were in attendance and tasted my Ice wine. Their first comment was we're glad were not entering this class. This stuff could be best of show!

McDonald's for Breakfast and to read the paper, came home and did clean up and Damn everyone else is sill in bed. Unfortunately several folks couldn't make it due to previous engagements and family emergencies. At 9:00am me daughters boyfriend from Penn State area did a surprise visit. pretty cool as he has never traveled out on his own before so the three hour drive was an experience for him. Nice kid but dang it why didn't he get here earlier when we were dragging all the tables and chairs up from the basement. Guess what his *** is doing as soon as he wakes up? :)

All in all great party lots of wine and food. Several wine makers from the area showed up and could talk your ear off for ever. One guy I talked about before who I said has probably close to a thousand cases in his basement and probably 75 full carboys was quiet please to meet others in the area including Rod who traveled several hours to get here. I believe Rod is going over to Bill's house this morning to buy some carboys before heading back home. Bill is trying to down size a bit and s selling 5 gallon carboys 3/$50.00.

:m Sorry no pictures. I went down in the basement at one point about 5:00 and came back out and the sun was down. Dang two hours down there with a steady flow of people coming down for tour and Some special tasting for just the wine makers. The party was outside and in the garage.

The folks holding the next wine competition which is in the heart of the Lake Erie wine country were in attendance and tasted my Ice wine. Their first comment was we're glad were not entering this class. This stuff could be best of show!

Sounds like a good time was had by all that were able to attend. The price for those carboys is great also.

Julie, hope everything is okay on your end this weekend. We're thinking about you and your family.

We are not quite sure how he pulled it off but some how Dan arranged a fly over by a couple of UFO's as a finale.

WOW How could I have forgotten about that. We have no Idea what the hell it was except it big with a bright orange light and traveled fast across the sky. About ten minutes later another one went across following the same flight pattern. I have never seen anything like this before. Oh well a great finale to a great evening.

Every time you get together with wine makers you learn at least on new trick Damn has Rod been holding out on us. "Shrink tubes".

So Dan when are you have the next one?

LMAO, My wife just asked the same thing. We're thinking maybe 1rst or 2nd week of October.

Rodo, your wifes brownies are out standing. Snacking as I'm reading/typing.

Julie, Jeannie would not venture into my wine cellar alone with me without you being there. I think she remembers Wade's post from about a month ago.

LMAO, My wife just asked the same thing. We're thinking maybe 1rst or 2nd week of October.

Rodo, your wifes brownies are out standing. Snacking as I'm reading/typing.

Julie, Jeannie would not venture into my wine cellar alone with me without you being there. I think she remembers Wade's post from about a month ago.

Rod you tell Jeanne that I will be at the next one and we will take over Dan's wine cellar

Spaceships and brownies huh!!!!!!!! I think I know what that secret ingredient is!!!!!!!!!!!:sm

Rod, what is your avatar. The light reminds me of the one we saw last nite.

It's a welding arc. I thought it looked like a jet engine with the after burners lit, but there was no sound.

Latest posts

Back