We're # 28!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Come on people! Pick up the pace!

48424451_10156906885752840_4520443445428355072_n.png

What the hell is going on in Georgia? Is that because of the Muscadines? . . . . . . . . . oh, nevermind!

Hmm... would like to see some error bars here... Maybe we're not so bad?

I actually think it's about right for me if it's based off of commercial wine consumption. Why buy when you can make?

Anybody find it suspect that Spain is so far down the list? Especially when Portugal is in the top rank.

But I'll do my part to get the USA back up in the rankings!
That is strange. I spent 15 years in Spain and wine was always served with meals. Even kids get a diluted glass of wine with dinner. Every person I knew drank at least 50 liters per year.

I've not spent time in Spain, but have spent time in Portugal and Italy. I don't know if the wine was diluted, but the kids had a glass of wine as well with meals. I should also point out that they don't have near the same issues with alcoholism as the US does. I think that when something is taboo, it just makes it more desirable for some. My father let us kids drink a little beer when we were young (under his supervision) and we didn't develop problems. I must admit that the smell of beer has always been very pleasant to me. And I could pipe the odors from the fermentation room through the house and be ok with it. My wife, well, not so much.

Back