Quantcast

We're # 28!

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

olusteebus

Reaction score
What the hell is going on in Georgia? Is that because of the Muscadines? . . . . . . . . . oh, nevermind!

Ignoble Grape

Reaction score
Hmm... would like to see some error bars here... Maybe we're not so bad?

I actually think it's about right for me if it's based off of commercial wine consumption. Why buy when you can make?

fermenter

Junior
Reaction score
We are probably about double that average. We need to get the word out that wine is a healthy drink.

CDrew

California Garagiste
Reaction score
Anybody find it suspect that Spain is so far down the list? Especially when Portugal is in the top rank.

But I'll do my part to get the USA back up in the rankings!

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Reaction score
Anybody find it suspect that Spain is so far down the list? Especially when Portugal is in the top rank.

Yes! I wondered what was up with Spain on that chart, too! Doesn't seem right...

Dennis Griffith

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
And the kids also drink wine with their meals in some of these countries. I think we are competing with one hand (or glass) behind our backs.

JustJoe

Reaction score

That is strange. I spent 15 years in Spain and wine was always served with meals. Even kids get a diluted glass of wine with dinner. Every person I knew drank at least 50 liters per year.

Dennis Griffith

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I've not spent time in Spain, but have spent time in Portugal and Italy. I don't know if the wine was diluted, but the kids had a glass of wine as well with meals. I should also point out that they don't have near the same issues with alcoholism as the US does. I think that when something is taboo, it just makes it more desirable for some. My father let us kids drink a little beer when we were young (under his supervision) and we didn't develop problems. I must admit that the smell of beer has always been very pleasant to me. And I could pipe the odors from the fermentation room through the house and be ok with it. My wife, well, not so much.

Latest posts