Welch's concord with the super-sugar method

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People can't help but to talk about the best wine ever!!!!
Ok best ever, no, but I have a lot of people asking for more of this every time they see me. Must have a bunch of hillbilly friends lol.

People can't help but to talk about the best wine ever!!!!
Ok best ever, no, but I have a lot of people asking for more of this every time they see me. Must have a bunch of hillbilly friends lol.

I just went to a party where I as usual provided a selection of my wines. Everyone liked them and drank them to the last drop. But the comment I got at the end was, "When will you make some more of your concord?"

So there ya go... Now you know why, when I do make it, I make 20 gallons at a time!!!

:)

Let the thread live on!!!

Yep, same here. We had our annual employee party and I brought 3 different wines. Needless to say this one was gone within minutes. Second was DD's Dragon's Blood, and last was my dry. However I think I'll knock the grape taste down from 4 cans per gallon to 3 cans per gallon. I like a "little" wine taste.

Hey guys I was just asked if my wine can expire after a while... It is capped not corked... And from what I have experienced I don't see any type of taint and it's been at least 4-5 months thanks guys LMK! :)

Tnuscan....:ft:ft:ft:ft:ft

I have been a moderator for a while now and have not had to send anyone to the corner... yet....

Please, you can call me Dave.

Anyway, though a lot of people like welchs wine, I'm thinking some grapes just don't hold the characteristics needed for great wines. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying ,I'm pouring it out, oh no, I just won't be making it any more. Especially if it's going to get me in trouble with "The Moderator". ::

Last edited:
Too bad to hear you were bullied into not making it anymore. It is one of nature's true gems. The rest of us will continue on.

Now you don't think I bullied you Dave.. DO YOU???? DO YOU???

images

Too bad to hear you were bullied into not making it anymore. It is one of nature's true gems. The rest of us will continue on.

Yes last nite I dreamt I stood in front of the mirror, I had Wine Snob Snob Wine words all over me, one on top of the other, just all over the place, on me.

It's not so bad. When I go by the frozen juice department I just close my eyes and keep walking. Ok..maybe I do gently drag my finger along the glass door, whispering to myself, baby steps...baby steps.

Yep now a days you'll find me just hanging around the frozen berries section. Reminiscing about the...ssshhh.....think I hear, The Moderator...gotta run and hide in another thread.

Yes last nite I dreamt I stood in front of the mirror, I had Wine Snob Snob Wine words all over me, one on top of the other, just all over the place, on me.

It's not so bad. When I go by the frozen juice department I just close my eyes and keep walking. Ok..maybe I do gently drag my finger along the glass door, whispering to myself, baby steps...baby steps.

Yep now a days you'll find me just hanging around the frozen berries section. Reminiscing about the...ssshhh.....think I hear, The Moderator...gotta run and hide in another thread.

To be serious for a moment.. There is nothing wrong with making wine that you like. I do a lot of kidding around but, when serious, believe that you should make what you like. If that means making Welch's or from frozen fruit, or even jelly, Go for it!

Tastes differ and no one's taste is better than anyone else's.

To be serious for a moment.. There is nothing wrong with making wine that you like. I do a lot of kidding around but, when serious, believe that you should make what you like. If that means making Welch's or from frozen fruit, or even jelly, Go for it!

Tastes differ and no one's taste is better than anyone else's.

Nice save. :)

Just finished a 5 gallon batch of Welch's, used the concentrate 6 cans, but instead of adding water I use Welch's grape juice. Seems to be very full bodied due to no water. Will set back for several months and see how it is after aging. I back sweetned with simple syrup as I do not like dry wines.

Just finished a 5 gallon batch of Welch's, used the concentrate 6 cans, but instead of adding water I use Welch's grape juice. Seems to be very full bodied due to no water. Will set back for several months and see how it is after aging. I back sweetned with simple syrup as I do not like dry wines.

That will be a bold wine for sure. Let us know how it turns out. :HB

Back