Welch's 100% White Grape Juice Concentrate - Can't find it anywhere!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they have stopped making the Welch's 100% White Grape Juice Concentrate? I've been to every grocery store change within about 75 miles (8 different chains), even tried multiple stores from the same chain and been unable to find it anywhere. It was surprising that only some stores had the concord concentrate. Welch's website has a per-product store locator, but even the stores they say have it, do not actually have it.

I really want to find some but i'm coming up empty. Any ideas? Is there a comparable product that can be subbed in?

I have been using the white grape juice sold in there juice section. same thing just not a concentrate. use it in place of water if called for in the recipe.

Look for "Old Orchard" in your your local "IGA" grocery stores. Walmart can't be bothered with anything that doesn't sell fast enough for their bean-counters.

Amazon sells the Global grape juice concentrate cheaper than the link when pstg is added? I did a search this week on Amazon to see just what concentrates there are listed and found a few others-one was concentrated 7 x's if you read the reviews. I have a lingering curiosity what varieties are in the "blend" that Global sells?

Does anyone know if they have stopped making the Welch's 100% White Grape Juice Concentrate? I've been to every grocery store change within about 75 miles (8 different chains), even tried multiple stores from the same chain and been unable to find it anywhere. It was surprising that only some stores had the concord concentrate. Welch's website has a per-product store locator, but even the stores they say have it, do not actually have it.

I really want to find some but i'm coming up empty. Any ideas? Is there a comparable product that can be subbed in?

Just checked - Walmart has 96 oz bottles of Welch's available for ordering online for $4.98.

I used Orchard Frozen Concentrate to make a wine and it turned out great . Took 3rd place at state fair last week in its category. It was Concord Grape though.

Same trouble here. I have been looking at Walmarts and Krogers for over 4 months. I asked Kroger's customer service, who told me they could order it, then was told it was on some kind of special list that they couldn't order from for requests. Frustrating.

Does anyone know if they have stopped making the Welch's 100% White Grape Juice Concentrate?
Any ideas? Is there a comparable product that can be subbed in?
White grape juice concentrate is a fairly cheap food factory ingredient which will be produced forever. (well at least till CO2 levels are at a level where grapes don’t grow well)
* I could call up sales at Welches and have then ship a sample with dry ice. The normal distribution is in thousand pound totes with metalized film bags containing shelf stable concentrate. From the bag I could pump into a juice blend, punch or other food. A guess is that someone makes a metalized film 40 or 50 pound square cardboard version.
* If you can find the store manager for a smaller grocery they will be happy to order a case of frozen 12 oz for you.
I have heard too many stories of special deliveries (usually repair parts for freezer LEDs) being sent to a large Wally World and put in the dumpster since receiving has no idea what to do with them. The individual store manager has control over what is stocked.
* As noted earlier reconstituted bottles from shelf stable concentrate is on the web. It is available in case quantities by contacting the local grocery store manager.

I guess one option would be to order a juice pail of a white grape variety (A concentrated one if available) then package and freeze it in smaller (Can sized) amounts with or without adding sugar to it.

Or something like "Alexander's Sun Country" wine base Just looked at a can of Reisling 46 oz at 68 brix. Price ($34.00) is of course higher than frozen concentrate

I've found white grape juice concentrate at Food Lion. They are a regional chain in the Southeast.

Latest posts

Back