Welches Frozen concentrate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearpaw8491

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why Welch's Frozen 100% White Grape Juice Concentrate is unavailable in stores at the present? I've checked a dozen or more stores in my area that used to carry the concentrate and they all told me it was out of stock. This is my go-to concentrate for "Bailout Blanc", an easy drinking summertime favorite.

1654605443539.png

Oops, my bad! I should have researched the site/google a little better. Looks like many brands of frozen concentrate have been discontinued; however, a member mentioned back in 2020 that Welches still has a non-frozen concentrate on the stable life shelf. Has anyone seen this product? It was news to me.

I use the grape concentrate juice that Welch's or other provide just substitute for any water you would use in the must
You mean the bottled juice? - get it without preservatives and use instead of water.

Don't think he was referring to the bottled juice because he mentions "concentrate". Here's his quote: "All of you looking for Welch's concentrated 100% grape juice....it's still available. It's now in a non frozen can, shelf stable. I've spoken to Welch's twice in the last 4-6 weeks. There's no shortage ot backlog. My local grocery manager (in NE Texas) also talked to Welch's. If you can find a store that can/will order straight from Welch's and not their supplier/distributor, you can get it." - jbthompson1295 21 Nov 2020

Thanks BarrelMonkey, is this the white grape juice in a plastic bottle on the aisle with the other prepackaged juices? I got the impression that it was some kind of super sterilized/irradiated (to insure extra long shelf life without freezing ) concentrate that you still had to dilute with water for normal use. Of course, I may be overthinking this :slp! Do you remember the manufacture's name by any chance?
Thanks

Thanks BarrelMonkey, is this the white grape juice in a plastic bottle on the aisle with the other prepackaged juices? I got the impression that it was some kind of super sterilized/irradiated (to insure extra long shelf life without freezing ) concentrate that you still had to dilute with water for normal use. Of course, I may be overthinking this :slp! Do you remember the manufacture's name by any chance?
Thanks

If you click on the link in my previous post it takes you to the manuufacturer's website - Santa Cruz organic. It's in a glass bottle, I assume you'd find it with the other non-frozen juices.

ETA: They have a 'Where to buy' tool on the website so you can see if it's carried by a store near you.

Thanks BarrelMonkey and sorry I didn't notice the link in your original post. I checked it out and saw that it was a pre-mix. It isn't sold in my area according to their locater. I can't even find "store brand" Niagara frozen concentrate so the search continues.

Meijers carries Orchard’s frozen concentrate Concord grape. I’ve used that before for wine and it came out really good

@bearpaw8491: Were you able to order the concentrate?

I am having a similar challenge. All sources within 100 miles refuse to do "special" orders. I have tried contacting Welchs to find out if they will recommend a store which will order at least a case each of several flavors to make it worth their time and effort. Waiting for a reply from them. Fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back