Wedding Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wineomaker

Reaction score
My Daughter is getting married 3-19-11 and I thought I would make some wine for her wedding but I think I started this hobby to late, the wine Sauvignon Blanc Kit, has been clearing for 2 weeks now and i dont know if i should continue to bulk age or bottle it now and age it in the bottle or if it will even be ready to drink in time for her wedding, what do you pros think.

Congrats to her. I'm getting married a day before her. I'm hoping my wine will be ready by then for the reception.

Sorry I don't have a answer but the pro's will chime in soon.

Your kit is already in the clearing stage for 2 weeks? I'd say your in better shape then most people who usually ask "if I start one now will it be done in time for a 3/19/11 wedding". It will be a little young but being a white wine it should be ok IMO. Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

I agree with Racer. It wont be at its best but will be fine. What exact kit is this as an All Juice kit can actually change my opinion on this.

Sorry I didn't answer all your questions that you asked. I'd follow the kit makers instructions regarding when to rack and bottle the kit. And then just bottle age till the big day.

Kids grow up way too quick don't they? Especially daddy's little girls( sorry father of twin girls here)

Thanks and Congrats to you also catfish, yes they do grow up quick
The kit is an KenRidge Classic

I would advise that you wait as long as possible and also filter just before you bottle. The wine is rather young and you may find a lot of sediment will form between now and the wedding.

(BTW, Congrats).

I am not too familiar with wine kits so someone else here may want to correct me but I would suggest some Kieselsol or Sparkolloid a couple of weeks before filtering and bottling as well.

I would try to have it bottled in time to chill it in the fridge for 5 to 7 days before the wedding.

I am no help here but I wanted to say congrats to both couples that are getting married in March

Oh yeah maybe you can try freezing it a few days before the wedding and then letting it thaw the day before. There was some interesting things posted about this the other day and it says it really helps some of the young wines and makes them taste much better!

Back