Weathering the Storm!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oppps sorry runningwolf.... Let's all hope sally just fizzles out....by the looks of the flashes in the rain and wind driven sky's, she's still pissed...I hope that's lightning and not transformers blowing everywhere!!.

Hello fellow wine lovers. We are in Erie and its getting stronger. Mayb no work tomorrow if im lucky hehe!!!!

Well Im on generator now, really just a brown out here as some stuff was on but very dim. Seen a transformers on both sides of town explode while out having a cig.

Unbelievable here. Can't imagine what you NY NJ, and CT folks are going through. Be safe! Power has flickered here a few times, but still on.

Accoding to CLP (our power company) it will be 3 days before they even access the damage here. Im betting it will be sooner as we live about 15 houses down from the Police station.

Updates?

Any updates from anybody who still has power?
We're sitting over here in Montana watching the news. Have a SIL in Grauton(sp?), CT. Thankfully my daughter is still in Texas!

Well the winds blew steady alll night long but didn't lose the electric and the high winds warning has just been lifted

Yep, pretty much about what Julie said here in Crafton. High winds and rain but no loss of power. As a member of the VFD, I was anticipating wires down, trees down and flooding calls but other than the heroin O/D, the pager didn't go off all night and listening to the dispatch channel it was pretty quite in most of the area.

I hope everyone here is safe. It was bad enough for some and I feel the most of us dodged the bullet. Not much at all here. The winds blew but not much rain even. No trees down even.

Here's hoping everybody else is alright.

Although it was melting as soon as it hit the ground, my windshield wipers could not keep up with the snow on my drive to work this morning. what normaly takes my 25 minutes took me a more than an hour to drive. But we still have power, just a LOT of wind.
Boston to Columbus..WHOPPER or a storm!!!

i hope all of you out east are hanging in there.....here in michigan we are even feeling the effects of this super storm, not necessarily to the extent as all of those farther east, but we are under a high wind advisory here, with the possibly of 18 foot waves on some of the great lakes even....some areas around here are without power as well.....nevertheless, we still have the effects from the swirl....winds are gusting and howling over here at work at times.....been raining on and off but thank god not a tremendous down pour as of yet....

We never lost power where I live but I'm in Northern CT up near the Mass border. The shoreline got hit a lot harder than we did.

Old Philosopher - Groton, CT is along the shoreline so they probably have more widespread power outages there. Hopefully your SIL is OK.

Just got our power back here so not bad at all. Less then 24 hours, its nice living about 15 houses down from the police department!!!! LOL

Except you are closer to all the criminals they bring to your neighborhood to lock up! LOL
Glad you are back and safe Wade.

We had a new record high for the day today and it was nice and sunny although a bit breezy today.

Sounds like most of y'a,ll are okay. Glad for that. Please don't take this the wrong way but my experience is that rebuilding is quite an economic boom for local economies. Doesn't make up for loss of dozens of lives and family heirlooms though.

Except you are closer to all the criminals they bring to your neighborhood to lock up! LOL
Glad you are back and safe Wade.

We had a new record high for the day today and it was nice and sunny although a bit breezy today.
That part is not wrong! Since we have been here they have had 2 escapes and had police searching through our yards both times. I never knew it was that easy to escape from lock up. Have not been able to get in touch with sister in North Carolina yet though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back