Weather Report

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wade, to try and answer your question on frost. If it hits your plant(you can see frost on the green growth) then yes it can be a killing frost. I'm not an expert on all kinds of plants but can say grapes don't like frost at all! I'm hoping apples fare better. Both of my wifes 2 apple trees have leafed out over a week ago. Most of my grapes have very large buds swollen on them but do not show leaves opened up yet. I may have dodged a bullet with them, we'll see in the next few days if they made it thru or not.

Apple trees can take a frost better than most other fruit trees. Also frost doesn't seem to affect the buds as bad as it does the blossoms. Last year we had a bad frost that kill off my cherries and grapes but the apples were fine.

Apple trees can take a frost better than most other fruit trees. Also frost doesn't seem to affect the buds as bad as it does the blossoms. Last year we had a bad frost that kill off my cherries and grapes but the apples were fine.

Thanks for that information on apple trees Julie that helps me alot!

Latest posts

Back