WineXpert WE World Vineyard Spanish Tempranillio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScrantonWine

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all,

Very happy to have found this forum.

About to get a World Vineyard Spanish Tempranillio going. Going to gift the finished product to my in-laws for Christmas. Tried to find a Rioja kit, but no luck -- Temporanillio will have to do.

Anyways: anybody ever make this specific kit? Aging suggestions? Stick with the yeast the kit came with (EC 1118)?

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi ,the Tamparnellio is a Hardy style wine add, 1/2 half cup currents,1/2 cup oak chips (any toast) and 1 teaspoon of wine tannins all to the primary,once that's completely fine add Another 1/2 teaspoon of tannins to the secondary,let it rest for 1 no. Then add chems wait then bottle.Done it should turn out quite nice .

Thanks for the advice!

A few questions:

1.) I've read that adding tannins to a WE kit runs the risk of red wine finishing to a pinkish color instead of red. Any truth to this?

2.) Is the LD Carlson powered tannin the right stuff to use?

spanish tempranillio

never had a problem with tannins turning kits any other color but what their supposed to be.L D CARLSON is all I've ever used never a problem does it's job.

17 Powdered Oak.jpg

Thanks for the advice, fellas.

Last question: do I just add the tannin powder directly into the primary after all the juice is in and then stir?

... is it advisable to attempt to dissolve the powder in a little bit of water before adding to avoid clumping issues?

Back