WineXpert WE Vintners Reserve shirah w/ black cherry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron4osu

Junior
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to start a WE Vintners Reserve shirah kit. I was at the grocery store and picked up a 32 oz container of R.W. Knudsen Just Black Cherry Juice. It's 100% juice from black cherries.
I was planning on adding this 32 OZ bottle to 6 gal kit at primary ferm stage. anyone have any thought or potential problems with this idea?

Can't think of any problems you would have. Don't know what it will taste like but different strokes for different folks. Let us know how it turns out. That is part of the fun. experimentation. Might help it as well as any Vintners Reserve red kit I have done were sub par.

Make sure that your juice is free of preservatives!! ;) Also add a 1/2 t of pectic enzyme to help the juice clarify.

well i decided not to use the black cherry juice with this kit.

on another note when i mixed everything together per the instructions I took a S.G. reading and it came out at 1.75 @70 degrees. This seems very low. My last batch from WE world vintners reserve Cab Sav. finished at 10.5%. I wanted to have this batch finish at about 13.5-14%.

Can someone please help me with how much, and what type of sugar to add to 6 gal. to bring it up?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back