WineXpert WE Selection Series: Pino Noir

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAPLANMT

Junior
Reaction score
Anyone made this kit before? Any feedback on it?

Also, a general Sterilization Question (which probably should be in a different thread), but any issues with using C-brite for sanitizing the gear?

Anyone made this kit before? Any feedback on it?

Also, a general Sterilization Question (which probably should be in a different thread), but any issues with using C-brite for sanitizing the gear?

I've not made this kit though I have done an RJ Spagnols Pinot Noir. Was good at 6 mos. great after 12.

Isn't C-bright a cleanser as opposed to a sanitizer? Perhaps it does both.

Did you get Selection International Chilean Piot?

I got this one for my first ever batch this year. I have to tell you that after 6 months in the bottle it is terrible. Not sure if there was error on my part or if the kit was bad but I don't plan on drinking this. Seems flavorless and has a bad aftertaste. Watered down maybe?
It gets a little better after letting it air out. Smells like a Pinot though.
The wine had lots of foam in the secondary when I de-gassed. The foam never went away and I had this gross congealed mass on top of the wine until I bottled it. I pushed with a spoon and it sank.
The date code says it was made at the very end of 2008. Maybe try a newer batch.

I have made many beers in the past and had only one go bad. My first batch of wine and I get bad results.
Luckily the Gewurztraminer I made is excellent so that should tide me over for a while.
Also have the Stags Leap Merlot bottled as of 1 month ago.

Did you get Selection International Chilean Piot?

I got this one for my first ever batch this year. I have to tell you that after 6 months in the bottle it is terrible. Not sure if there was error on my part or if the kit was bad but I don't plan on drinking this. Seems flavorless and has a bad aftertaste. Watered down maybe?
It gets a little better after letting it air out. Smells like a Pinot though.
The wine had lots of foam in the secondary when I de-gassed. The foam never went away and I had this gross congealed mass on top of the wine until I bottled it. I pushed with a spoon and it sank.
The date code says it was made at the very end of 2008. Maybe try a newer batch.

I have made many beers in the past and had only one go bad. My first batch of wine and I get bad results.
Luckily the Gewurztraminer I made is excellent so that should tide me over for a while.
Also have the Stags Leap Merlot bottled as of 1 month ago.

You probably had an infection issue with that batch if you had a congealed mass that you could push under the surface.

I was thinking that too Smurfe. Not sure though. The foam from de-gassing never went away and hardened on the top with the spent yeast I suppose.

Bizarre.

Wow, that's not getting me too pumped for my first batch in 5 years!

Below is the kit description: (code on label is: 0623609 0331)
Premium | Selection Original Series | Red
Pinot Noir
The varietal responsible for classic red burgundy. The scent, flavour, body and texture of Pinot Noir is profound. Supple, spicy fruit flavours are a delight to the palate.

Sweetness: DRY | Body: LIGHT-MEDIUM | Oak Intensity: MEDIUM

Go for it KAPLANMT. Different batch and it was my first batch of wine. Sorry didn't mean to steer you away. I am sure it will be fine. Most of the better wine kits turn out pretty good from all that I have read about and sampled.

Have fun.

My sister made that kit,drank it and is going to make it again, I havent been to her house in a while so havent tasted it, so I call molly and she said "DO IT"

Latest posts

Back