WineXpert WE Selection Luna (avec battonage)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try for more than just the socks!

Obviously!
attachment.php

Thank goodness I don't have to worry about that anymore. I have five kids... Because I don't want six.

Secondary benefits to not having to worry about that anymore include no longer chasing cars or peeing on the furniture. :db

Thank goodness I don't have to worry about that anymore. I have five kids... Because I don't want six.

Darn, I was going to send one of mine your way.

Secondary benefits to not having to worry about that anymore include no longer chasing cars or peeing on the furniture. :db

I'd make that an outdoor dog. Or were you the one chasing the cars and peeing on the furniture?

ANYWAYYYYYY....

Checked my Luna this morning. After a month in the carboy, it's nearly clear. The top 30% is crystal clear, while the lower 70% is almost clear (I can see my hand well, but it's not nearly as clear as the upper 30%).

Another two months... Rack... Dose... Age 3 months more... Dose... Bottle.

Hi guys, I am new at wine making. I am just waiting my first batch to be racked to new Carboy after stabilizing is finished. I have one question. I am reading quite a bit that people switches yeast. Is there any guidelines or any chart based on the wine type? Just curious what is your judgement point and how do you decide which yeast to use.

Hi guys, I am new at wine making. I am just waiting my first batch to be racked to new Carboy after stabilizing is finished. I have one question. I am reading quite a bit that people switches yeast. Is there any guidelines or any chart based on the wine type? Just curious what is your judgement point and how do you decide which yeast to use.

Yes. There's an extensive list of yeasts and the effects that they produce. If you're unable to find it after searching, check out this link to winemaker magazine.

https://winemakermag.com/yeast-strains-chart

Like everything else in winemaking, favorite strains of yeast are going to be less objective and more subjective. What I like and what you like are probably going to be different. Best advice is to check out what each strain does and then see which one matches the profile you'd like. From there, it's simple - go make some wine with the yeast you choose and see if it's all you hoped it would be.

Looking good, Jim! I think I will rack mine off the lees soon, so it can start the final clearing. I don't want to rush it too much, but I want to sneak a few bottles of it this summer!

OP here. The Luna Bianca was crystal clear by now, so I racked it off the finings today. It tasted pretty nice at this point, but I decided it could benefit from the portion of the f-pack I held back. I added a fresh pack of k-sorbate, and the ~1/4 of the F-pack (8 oz) that I had saved. This was enough to bring the SG from 0.992 to 0.995, and it did improve the taste noticeably. I think this wine is going to be a big winner this summer!

Thiefed a taste tonight with Mrs. Mann. I will need to refer to this thread for the next one I do. A big, rounded chard with lots of fruit forward - pineapple especially. I could bottle this one tonight and be happy drinking it in 3 months.

Latest posts

Back