WineXpert WE Selection Luna (avec battonage)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I added about 2/3 of the FPac this afternoon and gave the Carboy a good stir. SG is about 0.998. I don't think I need the sorbate. But, if someone can give me a good reason, I'd consider it. Otherwise, it will settle during the week and then I'll rack it.

I added about 2/3 of the FPac this afternoon and gave the Carboy a good stir. SG is about 0.998. I don't think I need the sorbate. But, if someone can give me a good reason, I'd consider it. Otherwise, it will settle during the week and then I'll rack it.

I'd add sorbate, most likely it would ferment again with the added sugar.

I'd add sorbate, most likely it would ferment again with the added sugar.

I haven't added sorbate to any of my kits so far and (if you can't tell) hesitant to do so now. I've read that dry wines are typically under 1.000. Since this is south of that, how big of a risk is restarting fermentation?

I'm going to decide tonight.

I haven't added sorbate to any of my kits so far and (if you can't tell) hesitant to do so now. I've read that dry wines are typically under 1.000. Since this is south of that, how big of a risk is restarting fermentation?

I'm going to decide tonight.

In my opinion just like that kit kept fermenting below 1.000, it will activate the yeast with the added fpack and start fermenting again. The risk is there but if you're hesitating then wait to add the fining agent for a few days and see if the SG moves at all.
I'd be interested to know the results.

In my opinion just like that kit kept fermenting below 1.000, it will activate the yeast with the added fpack and start fermenting again. The risk is there but if you're hesitating then wait to add the fining agent for a few days and see if the SG moves at all.
I'd be interested to know the results.

Good advice. I checked it this morning and the SG seemed a touch lower than it was the other day. So, for the first time, I added the sorbate to a kit. I'm really hoping for the best here.

It will need to settle over the next few days and I will rack to a clean Carboy.

Last edited:
Got a taste while puttering around in the basement. A little sweet (maybe tart is more accurate) for me but otherwise very tasty. Definitely going to let it clear another week and then transfer and age 4-6 months in the carboy. Another 4-6 on the shelf and it should be perfect.

Last edited:
Racked this after clearing for a full month. I really like how it tastes at such a young age, SG was 1.006 after f-pack but it really compliments with the acidity.

Would definitely make this kit again.

It's been three months since I bottled my batch of Luna Bianca. I opened a bottle tonight to have with dinner and was very pleased to notice that the astringent flavors evident during bottling have disappeared. The wine mellowed in the short three month aging period and has a sweetness that is not sugary or syrupy tasting.

The wine was made in accordance with the kit instructions and it was intended for my wife, as she likes sweet wines. While I find the wine to be on the edge of my wine sweetness tolerance, my wife said at dinner tonight that the Luna Bianca isn't sweet enough.

I give up! :f

Lol. Just make her the island mist peach and call it a deal.

The Luna is clearing very well. I checked this morning and there's definitely a line of demarcation that's about a 1/3 the way from the top. Very clear above, cloudy below. This will probably settle nicely in another week or two. On track to let sit for 3 months, rack and bottle at 6 months.

I have the attachments for filtering with the AIO, but not the experience.

Last edited:
Back