WineXpert WE Selection Limited Edition 2011-2012

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be doing the Traminer Spatlese for sure. Have to decide on which red I would like to try.

The German Traminer Spätlese was an easy selection. The reds were more difficult as they all looked good. The wife and I had a vote and we both selected Washington Meritage. I will be running down to our retailer to place our pre order.

I've spoken to my retailer yesterday and I've decided on the Sicilian Nero d'Avola.

The German Traminer Spätlese was an easy selection. The reds were more difficult as they all looked good. The wife and I had a vote and we both selected Washington Meritage. I will be running down to our retailer to place our pre order.

I have done a lot of reds in the last year. I need to concentrate on whites for a few kits, so Traminer and Sauvignon Blanc are my choices this year.

That Petite Syrah/Zinfandel sounds nice. A lot of wineries in California, who make Zinfandels, will add a small percentage of Petite Syrah to their Zins. It really enhances the flavor and darkens the Zin to a nice tone.

That would be my pick of the litter.

I know WE now offers some red limited editions with grape packs; just don't know if these reds are them. If these particular reds do not have a grape pack, I would not bother to make any of them. There is just such a difference in kits with a grape pack and those without.

Last edited:
That Petite Syrah/Zinfandel sounds nice. A lot of wineries in California, who make Zinfandels, will add a small percentage of Petite Syrah to their Zins. It really enhances the flavor and darkens the Zin to a nice tone.

That would be my pick of the litter.

I know WE now offers some red limited editions with grape packs; just don't know if these reds are them. If these particular reds do not have a grape pack, I would not bother to make any of them. There is just such a difference in kits with a grape pack and those without.

To the best of my knowlage the ones with grape packs are: Australian Petite Verdot, Chilean Malbec Shiraz, Sicilian Nero D'Avola and Spanish Tempranillo. They are part of teh International series

To the best of my knowlage the ones with grape packs are: Australian Petite Verdot, Chilean Malbec Shiraz, Sicilian Nero D'Avola and Spanish Tempranillo. They are part of teh International series

Then the internationals are the reds I would consider. They likely cost a little more, but long term, they will make a much better wine for you.

Then the internationals are the reds I would consider. They likely cost a little more, but long term, they will make a much better wine for you.

What Robie said!! BUT remember, these are the ONLY international series wines with packs. There are a bunch of others with out.

If anyone hears otherwise that the 2012 LE reds have grape packs let me know, (even though it is sounding as it is not the case which I don't understand.)

Just won 3rd place for a port in the annual KC Competition and received a gift certificate to a retailer which only handles WE kits so trying to decide. I'd go after the Wash Meritage if it had the grape pack.

Not sure what to do otherwise....

Instead of buying a LE, just buy one of the new international ones. They've got grape packs.

Congrats on the win, Jay. That's great.
For a red, I would definitely go with a grape pack. It really does make a difference in the richness/mouth-feel of the finished wine.

I don't know why WE went away from grape packs, but I am glad they now have several.

If you check out the WE website you see nothing said about the 2012 limited edition kits coming with grape skins. If fact it appears that for the 2011 cataloge that WE has totally dropped what it used to call Ultra Premium Crushendo line.

Congrats on the win, Jay. That's great.
For a red, I would definitely go with a grape pack. It really does make a difference in the richness/mouth-feel of the finished wine.

I don't know why WE went away from grape packs, but I am glad they now have several.

Thanks!

Yeah, Very much a CC Red fan because of the grape packs. Know the Intl has a couple with packs in the WE line but not varietals interested in at the moment. Just a shame to put so much into putting out a LE red and not putting grape packs in..... maybe I'll use it on a white.....

Latest posts

Back