WineXpert WE Selection Australian Chardonnay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. But when I was opening the kit and doing inventory, I had one of those deja vu moments. So, I went through all the instructions for kits I’ve made and sure enough - this was my second or third kit back when I first started making wine.

And, this morning, I found this conversation thread about the experience.
Hey, you're too young to be having those kind of moments, though the song you reefer to is a pretty good one.

After 14 days, it’s been racked and dosed. Fermented to zero. Had to top up with some of my Luna, but oh well - part of the joy in white wine kits.

I added a little extra French medium toast oak and will stir the wine every few days for the next 3 months. Then, we'll rack, clear degas and wait.

Last edited:
Looking good. Mine aged in a carboy for a bit over six months, now in bottles for about a month.. I don't filter my whites or my reds and that did come back to bite me on a couple of Moscato kits. But I picked one up today an am slightly astounded at how clear it is. No sedimentation or bitrartrate crystals at all. Still early, but looking (and tasting) good.

Looking good. Mine aged in a carboy for a bit over six months, now in bottles for about a month.. I don't filter my whites or my reds and that did come back to bite me on a couple of Moscato kits. But I picked one up today an am slightly astounded at how clear it is. No sedimentation or bitrartrate crystals at all. Still early, but looking (and tasting) good.

I've been skipping the clarifiers for a while now and just aging 9-12 months in the carboy. Seems to do the trick.

I have a brunello that's 9 months and ready for the bottle (which means it's time to process more bottles... ugh).

How does yours taste?

Latest posts

Back