WineXpert WE LE Peach ice wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only question is how much peachier is it than the Riesling Ice Wine? That was distinctly peachy in my recollection. I don't do a lot of ice wine so I don't know if it's different enough to try :/
Tasted mine yesterday, definitely has a strong, sweet peach taste. Not sure how aging will effect it though

Thanks for the feedback, will be adding some f-pack when I pitch the yeast in a bit
Your welcome, it’s a nice tasting kit. I made a Island mist peach kit a few months ago and compared it to that and this peach Icewine is X2 more than the island mist.

Just kicked this off and added some of the f-pack up-front (maybe 1/4), SG to start is way up there, past the hydrometer last marking of 1.160, so maybe ~1.167.
Pitched the 2 packets of EC-1118.

The Apres Reisling Ice wine kit was very good. It was a 3 gallon kit, I got 29 of the 375ml bottles out of it. The directions say it shoudl sit about 15 days before ready for bottling. There was a lot of setiment, so I racked it for another 15 days. The second racking (another 15 days) had a minor amount of sediment. I racked it again, let it sit 2 days before bottling. It has really smoothed out after a few months in the bottle.

I now have their peach wine in its first racking down in the basement. When I moved it from primary to secondary it had a nice peach aroma, so I expect it to have a full peach flavor as well. I will let folks know in 23 days....

The Apres Reisling Ice wine kit was very good. It was a 3 gallon kit, I got 29 of the 375ml bottles out of it. The directions say it shoudl sit about 15 days before ready for bottling. There was a lot of setiment, so I racked it for another 15 days. The second racking (another 15 days) had a minor amount of sediment. I racked it again, let it sit 2 days before bottling. It has really smoothed out after a few months in the bottle.

I now have their peach wine in its first racking down in the basement. When I moved it from primary to secondary it had a nice peach aroma, so I expect it to have a full peach flavor as well. I will let folks know in 23 days....

Thats exactly how my peach Icewine is going. Bottling it this weekend.

After adding remaining of fpack the SG ended at 1.060

I did its first racking for 15 days. It had a lot of sediment (or what I thought was a lot of sediment), so I racked it again for an additional 15 day. There was very little after that, so I racked it again but let it sit 2 days before bottling. I ended up with a final SG of 1.054, or ABV of 14.2%

I did its first racking for 15 days. It had a lot of sediment (or what I thought was a lot of sediment), so I racked it again for an additional 15 day. There was very little after that, so I racked it again but let it sit 2 days before bottling. I ended up with a final SG of 1.054, or ABV of 14.2%

I assume you added some of the fpack up-front.
I added a bit, didn't measure, maybe a quarter. After fermentation ended the SG was about 1.050 and after the fpack 1.060

I assume you added some of the fpack up-front.
I added a bit, didn't measure, maybe a quarter. After fermentation ended the SG was about 1.050 and after the fpack 1.060
I did not add any of the fpack upfront. Initial SG was 1.162, SG was 1.044 (step 2 in the insturctions), added the fpack. About 15 days later it was 1.054. After the second 15-day racking it was still 1.054 1.054.

I’m bottling the Cru Creme Brûlée this Tuesday, did the Cru Black Forest dessert kit and it going on day 8 and still bubbling. Hoping these turn out good???

I’m bottling the Cru Creme Brûlée this Tuesday, did the Cru Black Forest dessert kit and it going on day 8 and still bubbling. Hoping these turn out good???
The Black forest is great - one of my favourites.

Back