WineXpert WE LE Camanare / Cabernet Sauvignon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveb50

Reaction score
I have a WE LE Camanare / Cabernet Sauvignon fermenting now. Has anyone tasted their finished wine from this kit, can you give me some idea how it tastes after 6-8-10 months?
Dave

I popped one open last week.Right at8months in the bottle. The flavor is smoothing out. It is more mellow than an average Cab in my opinion. Leans more toward a Merlot in regards to smoothness.Still needs more time. I probably will not open another until the one year mark. It is not a WOW wine yet, but it surehas potential.
Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Funny you would ask that. I walk in the house and decided to try a bottle tonight to see how it was coming along. Fermented back Last January so it's around 10 months old. The smell has not come around yet but it taste of cherry and blackberry. It's heavy on the tongue but still has a bit at the end. The tannins have notquite smooth outjust yet. Chocolate or smoke chicken or just a good steak would pair up good. I believe that another 6 months would be just right for this wine. You pick a good wine but you have to wait for it.

Thanks for your comments, I am lookinf froward to enjoying this in about a year.
Dave

I have just bottled my Cabernet Sauvignon and am definately going to let it age well It tasted pretty good when we were bottling ...
smiley4.gif

Back