WE Island Mist Tweaks

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No the Fontana and Cru kits reducing them to 5 gallons increased the ABV and boost the flavor and structure, however doing that requires more detail to the sometimes I see where people follow the flow then add there on tweaks and don't come away with the results I stated, tweaking is fine as long as you understand stand the basic profiles of your wines .foll fo making an fpac .

The reason I didn't do this as a full 6 gallon kit( lessons learned) pH I've learned has never been a issue will the these style kits just the balance between ABV and flavor, that's the true art.

Thinking outside the box,allows me to learn and spreading samples out to get real feedback.

I have the Coconut Yuzu on deck...just to be clear...you did reduce the volume to five gallons? Adjust SG for 12% ABV? used half the Fpac in primary?

Thanks.

I’ve never reduced the volume, but I do add 4 lbs of sugar as a simple syrup and 1/2 the F-pack.

the volume is 5.5 noticed I drop the volume on this kit to pick up the abv and increase the bases flavor profile it also allow me to follow the instruction on adding the fpac even then the flavor profile was good on the coconut but not liked I wanted it or expected it to be ,if I was to move it up to the 6 gallon mark it would have diluted the coconut flavor even more (lessons learned) and this is a coconut yuzo,,yes?

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 29
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 27
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 30
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 27
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 24
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 26
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 22
balance of the flow...remember this is just my way..have fun.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 38
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 30
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 35
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 41
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 43
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 35
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 32
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 29
I just removed my Coconut Pinot Gris from the chest freezer. It was at 30 degrees for 5 days. I did it to try to reduce the acid level. It when in at a Ph of 3.19 and when I removed it it was at 3.64. It that even possible? I chesked it twice with 2 Ph meters.

Probably not correct to start with tartness is to be expected upfront then with the additional imput of the fpac the finish and a little time should balance out. Just my thoughts.

Yes. We opened a bottle with appetizers on Easter. A big hit with my wife and daughter (which is good because I made this for them). Sweet, but not too much so. Fruity and crisp.
I'll trade you a bottle of yours for a Raspberry/Peach Sangria that's about done with primary (added the 1/2 f-pack, 1L concentrate + 1 lb corn sugar). That's assuming any of it is left by the time I bottle mine. I think I gave you one of those last year for the "chicks" in your house, assuming they'd sip it around the pool some evening...

I'll trade you a bottle of yours for a Raspberry/Peach Sangria that's about done with primary (added the 1/2 f-pack, 1L concentrate + 1 lb corn sugar). That's assuming any of it is left by the time I bottle mine. I think I gave you one of those last year for the "chicks" in your house, assuming they'd sip it around the pool some evening...

I’ll check the rack. I don’t remember that one.

Peach Apricot Chardonnay. So, by mistake I put the f-pack in at the beginning. I planned to add grape concentrate, but grabbed the F-pack instead. Should I let it go to dry and back sweeten or stop fermentation with the sorbate before dry? Starting SG was 1.09(I added sugar also). Any suggestions?

Back