Watch "From the Vine" for another look at the "old ways" of making wine.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

Scooter68

Fruit "Wine" Maker
Reaction score
While the accuracy may be off I doubt that it's terribly off and in any case this movie is an entertaining one none-the-less and is does take place in Italy and wine making is a centerpoint of the movie.

Anyone already seen this one? And if so what about that foot stomping scene? :db

Rice_Guy

Reaction score
A good chick flick , ,,, ie the wife likes it
While the accuracy may be off I doubt that it's terribly off and in any case this movie is an entertaining one none-the-less and is does take place in Italy and wine making is a centerpoint of the movie.
And if so what about that foot stomping scene?
well, ,,,,, wine is a preservative system, so the foot stomping scene seems to introduce a protein which would combine with the tannin and be pulled out of solution creating a lighter flavor wine, ,,, ie, similar to having a higher than normal insect count
AND , , so what about the certification in Rome scene, , using a gas chromatograph to profile the prior crop year sounds a bit above where current technology is

winemaker81

wine dabbler
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I watched half the movie, will finish it tonight. It's entertaining, and a few winemaking things caught my eye -- especially the use of candles to detect excess CO2. I don't make enough to worry about it, but I could see the floor of my cellar being dangerous for cats and small dogs.

Regarding the grape stomping .... I'm not sure I'd drink that wine .... 😂

Scooter68

Fruit "Wine" Maker
Reaction score
I found the regulation/certification of the winemaker/winery to be an interesting topic. Of course for decades wines in Europe have been so important to their economies with such fierce competition as well.