• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted to buy: Manual Crusher/Destemmer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deboard

Reaction score
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I was on here! Been busy with life and work and all that, but still making wine. Actually in the first stages of starting a small winery with my brother!

I'm looking for a manual grape crusher/destemmer. I'm looking at a bigger harvest than last year, and processing those grapes by hand was too much work for me last year. Also we have been offered a field of concords (for free, can't turn that down!), and even though it won't make extraordinary wine it will be good practice and a decent sweet wine.

I checked online at the usual suspects, but they are mostly out of stock. Morewine has some left but only shipping freight from California. Anyone bought from them before or have any idea of the shipping costs?

I'd also be interested in used if it's in good shape. I know it's the wrong time of year to buy but I didn't expect to be so blessed with grapes!

Check FineVineWines. It may be too late, but I know they sell them this time of year.

I looked at a crusher/destemmer from MoreWine a few months back. I don't recall exactly, but the freight was another $100-200 to VA.

I've been looking for a used crusher/destemmer for years. Eventually I'll break down and buy one...

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

That is a sweet deal !!
I am thinking about going up there as well. But my shed is already full !

Maybe she wont notice it in the basement corner ??

Now you did it! That is near me. I wasn't thinking about taking the plunge for a few years. Do you think I can hide it from the wife in the shed?

I don't know if you could hide it, but I recomend keeping a catalog bookmarked to the crusher/destemer & press nearby, so that you can show her how much you saved.

for those looking to purchase a new one, I had found a company in Canada that had decent pricing. I was looking at an all stainless steel motorized unit. With shipping and fees it would have been 950.00 to my door. The US dollar is strong right now against the Canadan dollar so there is some savings there. I live in NJ to approxmate the shipping charges. Sorry I cant recall the company right now....and that was a few months ago.

Hi. Check this out.
http://alcofermbrew.com/en/Fruit-Crusher-7L-p503c62c101c170.html

Fruit-Crusher-7L-p503c62c101c170.html

Fruit Crusher 7L-600x600.jpg

Fruit Crusher 7L 2-600x600.jpg

Fruit Crusher 7L 3-600x600.jpg

Back