Wall Mounted Cork Screw

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Violante

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a wall mounted corkscrew as a gift for my wife. It would make opening a bottle easier and it looks pretty neat as well. Does anyone use one or have a suggestion for one? It seems that a number of them have bad reviews in that they push the cork in rather than actually pulling it out. Of course, those are the ones for <$100. BOJ (on the right below) has one for around $300.

1629302666718.png 1629302874122.png 1629303078131.png

Look at the screw itself -- if it's solid, it's bad design as if the cork is "stuck" the screw is more likely to pull out of the cork, ripping out the middle. The corkscrew in the middle picture is an example of this.

The one on the left is a better design for the screw itself, although I know nothing of that model in general.

Bryan thank you… I don’t mind attaching one by band steel. It seems that the ‘worm’ is the piece that makes the difference. In the video you sent I was thinking ’hey that’s cool you can re-cork the bottle’ and then thought, wait, that would mean there’s wine left… LOL

Latest posts

Back