Walker Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AR324

Reaction score
I am contemplating doing a Corot Noir or Noiret from Walkers. I was wondering if anyone had done that, your experience with Walkers and any observations or advice such as:

Ph and acid range
Oak adjuncts?
Yeast choice

Any tweaks

Thanks

I can tell you that walkers is pretty expensive, if you were going to make wine I would get varietal juice even if it costs more like Cabernet or Pinot cause it will make a far better wine, all you really need to do is buy yeast, yeast nutrient and I would suggest medium toasted French oak cubes after malolactic fermentation during aging. Walkers should do all the ph correction for you so your juice should be fine.

I can tell you that walkers is pretty expensive, if you were going to make wine I would get varietal juice even if it costs more like Cabernet or Pinot cause it will make a far better wine, all you really need to do is buy yeast, yeast nutrient and I would suggest medium toasted French oak cubes after malolactic fermentation during aging. Walkers should do all the ph correction for you so your juice should be fine.
Thanks. So MLF is fine with Walkers juice. That is very helpful

I have 5 gallons of 2021 Baco Noir just about ready to bottle. My taste testers said there was a bit of fizz that needs to be removed.
Their LaCrescent is very good. Trying to tame 5 gallons of Amorella also. LHBS normally makes the trip there in October.

Thanks. So MLF is fine with Walkers juice. That is very helpful
I have 5 gallons of 2021 Baco Noir just about ready to bottle. My taste testers said there was a bit of fizz that needs to be removed.
Their LaCrescent is very good. Trying to tame 5 gallons of Amorella also. LHBS normally makes the trip there in October.
I will be interested to see how your baco noir turns out. I have not made any hybrids and want to give it a try

I did a blueberry wine from their juice and it turned out very good. Shipping made it fairly expensive (maybe $5/bottle if I recall correctly), but the quality was definitely there. I have not however, tried any of their grape juices.

I made the walkers niagra/concord turned out good..I made the corot and baco than blended them. Also turned out good. I think with more time in the bottle it will be very good. They have a good product . Shipping is pricey. But what isn't these days.

I did a blueberry wine from their juice and it turned out very good. Shipping made it fairly expensive (maybe $5/bottle if I recall correctly), but the quality was definitely there. I have not however, tried any of their grape juices.
The blueberry and blackberry did catch my attention

I made the walkers niagra/concord turned out good..I made the corot and baco than blended them. Also turned out good. I think with more time in the bottle it will be very good. They have a good product . Shipping is pricey. But what isn't these days.
Thanks for the info. I really want to try a corot noir or even a noiret. Glad to know it’s a good product.

I have a batch of Baco Noir from 2021 grapes and the wine came out with a final TA ~ 0.80-.85, a bit tart for my taste.
Do you happen to know what was your final TA? What brand yeast did you use? Finally, did you do a Malolactic Fermentation (Conversion)?
Thanks.

I have a batch of Baco Noir from 2021 grapes and the wine came out with a final TA ~ 0.80-.85, a bit tart for my taste.
Do you happen to know what was your final TA? What brand yeast did you use? Finally, did you do a Malolactic Fermentation (Conversion)?
Thanks.
I don't know my final TA, don't measure. RC212 was my yeast. I don't do MLF.
If it's too tart, I'll add a little potassium bicarb until the boss tells me it's ok.

Back