WineXpert Waldo-?? about your Lodi Cab!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francie

Reaction score
Hi Waldo!
How did your Lodi Cab ever turn out? I think that will be my next kit to try. Actually I am not a huge Cab drinker, but really want to try it, as it sounds sooo yummy!!!

Thanks!
Francie
smiley10.gif

I will let Masta answer this one if he will Francie. I gave him a bottle of it at Winestock.

I have not opened it yet but will give it a try this coming weekend and report back with my honest opinion.

Thank you!! I am debating between the Lodi Cab. or the Stags Leap Merlot. Maybe I will post that to everyone!!!

I really enjoyed the Lodi Cab that Waldo shared with me and I would say it is very good. I am curious as to whether any extra oak was added and how old the wine was.

There was no oak added above what was supplied with the kit Masta and the wine is now at about 7 months old so perhaps it will mature even more and possibly get better.

I started my cab today!!! I am so excited!! How long did you age it and how long has it been since you bottled it?

Waldo said:
There was no oak added above what was supplied with the kit Masta and the wine is now at about 7 months old so perhaps it will mature even more and possibly get better.

I would agree that more time and more oak would improve this very good wine into an excellent one.

My Stags Leap Merlot is coming up on a year of aging and still needs more time.

These are my personal opinions based on my taste in wine!
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back