Wal-mart wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cohenhouse77

Patience Apprentice
Reaction score
Found this while surfing the web:

Tim Dempsey, a friend who's on a budget but without access to Trader Joe's, has taken to drinking Wal-Mart's house brand of wine. Tim writes: "I actually think that for $2.95 a bottle it's okay, and sometimes I would swear it's good. But what do I know?"

Here are Tim's top 10 nicknames for Wal-Mart wine:

10. Chateau Traileur Parc
9. White Trashfindel
8. Big Red Gulp
7. World Championship Riesling
6. NASCARbernet
5. Chef Boyardeaux
4. Peanut Noir
3. I Can't Believe It's Not Vinegar!
2. Grape Expectations

And the No. 1 name for Wal-Mart wine:

1. Nasti Spumante

Or, you can just call it by its real name, Boone's Farm. That's the $2.95 "wine" that all the teeny boppers around here drink so they can think they're actually drinking alcohol but it doesn't taste like alcohol.

The grocery stores around here aren't allowed to sell liquor, but I've seen Boone's Farm for sale in them. I wondered why until my nephew, who worked in a store, told me that Boone's Farm is only about 3% alcohol or so. That makes sense because stores can sell 3.2% beer. It also explains why the few times I've ever tried Boone's I could never taste the alcohol in it which led me to refer to it as "Kool Aid wine." BTW, real wine isn't blue.

Or, you can just call it by its real name, Boone's Farm. That's the $2.95 "wine" that all the teeny boppers around here drink so they can think they're actually drinking alcohol but it doesn't taste like alcohol.

The grocery stores around here aren't allowed to sell liquor, but I've seen Boone's Farm for sale in them. I wondered why until my nephew, who worked in a store, told me that Boone's Farm is only about 3% alcohol or so. That makes sense because stores can sell 3.2% beer. It also explains why the few times I've ever tried Boone's I could never taste the alcohol in it which led me to refer to it as "Kool Aid wine." BTW, real wine isn't blue.

back when i was with a brew club, we had done a strawberry wine as a whole group brew, probably about 50 gals.....when it came time the bottle, the vintner had set up 4 samples of different sweetness levels we could all sweeten our portions to before bottling it, and the sweettest level was actually from a bottle of boone's farm strawberry hill....lol...we all tasted it and had to admit that we weren't truly call it "wine" persay, but damn, we all thought it tasted pretty good "for what it was"....lol...

Anyone remember TJ Swan Stepping out; Magic Moments; Easy Days; Mellow Nights?

Wow,

RR

Latest posts

Back