waiting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ty for the input Luc
also i do enjoy reading your blog there is a lot of interesting info there

using yahoo's babel fish and translating this article http://wijnmaker.blogspot.com/2008/05/klaar-voor-de-zomer-ready-for-summer.html was a nightmare to understand however unfortunately

Oops I never translated this one.
The recipe was build up from store bought juice from Aldi's apple-peach flavored which is not available in England and the US. That's why I never cared to translate it.
This particular juice is so good that until now I have made more as 30 gallon from it.

The basic principle is that you buy a good tasting juice with no preservatives. Add sugar until the sugar contents is about 200 gram per liter. Add some acid (if needed) until the acidity reaches .5 or .6 (do not overdo the acid) and ferment with bakers yeast.

Luc

thats what i was looking in to doing next basically
ty again Luc
tasted my apple concoction today its not bad and the sweetness is drying up
still has those little bubbles in it too
time will tell

found out the gallon bucket i had in the shed is definately food grade wooohoo
that makes me a lot closer than i was yesterday
few more little pieces(besides the hydrometer i couldhave went and got by now but im lazy lol)and ill put together my contraption and post some pic's of it

while im thinking about it will this work for what i need?
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754109

this is making me think the answer will be no
This hydrometer is a full range specific meter designed to measure a wide range of specific gravities from 1.000 to 1.030.

Last edited:
In a word no.
Get one online if you dont have a local home brew store near you. Make sure that bucket you found is super clean. Fill it up to the top and add a "Oxy" cleaner. Let it sit for a day.

already planned on cleaning it up good
scrub it out and then i planned on using some bleach to kill whatever is left

ty for the reply on the hydrometer Tom i didnt think it was the right kind

i meant to say 5 gallon bucket lol
anyway i got it nice and white inside so far

going slow and taking my time putting things together

Back