Wahooo! just hit 5000 likes!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! :)

However.....

As a consultant who is well paid to analyze such things..... which means I don't judge, just analyze ... often results in some considering me a paid professional "hater" because I am paid to tell my clients what they do not otherwise what to hear. Even so, and maybe even despite that, and in this case, to play the devils advocate, I would first ask: what does 5000 likes really mean? Or to put it another way, what is your goal and the reasons behind that goal?

For example, you have almost 10,000 posts. That puts your post to like ratio at almost 2:1. That is, on average, one may say nobody liked half of your posts (or were at least indifferent to them). 5,000 likes is fine if you are after just quantity, but a 2:1 ratio questions quality.

Or to put it another way, the potential difference may be between spurious and sagacious.

A ratio of 1:1 is probably better if one is after the sagacious moniker. The ratio is not at all relevant, and absolute count is more important, if one is only after media presence (i.e. all attention is good, no matter how spurious).

Just something to think about. :)

enhanced-buzz-12089-1330112880-35.jpg

Congratulations! :)

However.....

As a consultant who is well paid to analyze such things..... which means I don't judge, just analyze ... often results in some considering me a paid professional "hater" because I am paid to tell my clients what they do not otherwise what to hear. Even so, and maybe even despite that, and in this case, to play the devils advocate, I would first ask: what does 5000 likes really mean? Or to put it another way, what is your goal and the reasons behind that goal?

For example, you have almost 10,000 posts. That puts your post to like ratio at almost 2:1. That is, on average, one may say nobody liked half of your posts (or were at least indifferent to them). 5,000 likes is fine if you are after just quantity, but a 2:1 ratio questions quality.

Or to put it another way, the potential difference may be between spurious and sagacious.

A ratio of 1:1 is probably better if one is after the sagacious moniker. The ratio is not at all relevant, and absolute count is more important, if one is only after media presence (i.e. all attention is good, no matter how spurious).

Just something to think about. :)

I do tend to enjoy your take on many things. Here’s another.
IMG_2439.jpg
Brett Favre NFL QB 20 seasons.
Holds the record for:
#1 in consecutive starts by any player
#1 in passing completions
#1 in passing attempts

But also holds the records for:
#1 in interceptions thrown
#1 in times sacked.
#1 fumbles
A Super Bowl winning QB and a member of the Hall of Fame.
An iron man gunslinger. It’s hard not to like Brett Favre.

Latest posts

Back