Visitors in my Vineyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grapeman

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Visitors to the Vineyard this AM. Arcticsid might appeciate these visitors but not me!

My sister called this AM about 7 and told my wife she had three moose in her back dooryard which is between my two vineyards. I looked out the window and sure as sh*take mushrooms there were three moose! I figure a cow and two calves from last year by the size. They did a loop almost to the road and ran back behind the house. I looked a minute later out the back door and there was the cow standing next to my driveway about 50 feet from the garage.

I went to the office and grabbed the camcorder, but couldn't get them out of the woods to shoot with the cam. I went down a while later into the vineyard and sure enough, they had gone around the edge of the vineyard and into the woods. Holy crappes batman. I hope they don't take up residency. Just so you know I am telling the truth here, I got a few pictures of the tracks. The big one has tracks almost as long as my shoe and wider.

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00002 (Medium).JPG

DSC00005 (Medium).JPG

DSC00011 (Medium).jpg

I am sure Wade will approve of this...

The_Big_Gun.jpg

Ok, lets not get back on this! There is no way that gun is real!!!!!

Is that a "Mooseberg" shotgun? I have one in 12 guage- very handy at taking down smaller rodents that frequent the vineyard on 4 hooves.

Grapeman, you probably have the 500 as I do. I have the stock and the pistol grip, a fe shots with the pistol grip and thats enough for the week!

The one I have is a straight 500 my Dad gave me a number of years before he passed away 27 years ago. I think I was 16 at the time. No pistol grip for me!

Back