Virnmetrica SC300 SO2 Stop point

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I tried out my SC-300 today and it seems like a great piece of kit, but I did have a clarifying question about when to stop the free SO2 test...

The manual says to stop when the reading goes above 50, and there are 20 consecutive beeps.

I just wanted to confirm that you stop the first time this occurs? I.e. you don't keep going until it stays above 50? I noticed after a while (more than 20 beeps), it would eventually drop back down below 50, and the proceed light would return.

Thanks in advance!

I look at the second hand on the clock and look for the drop where it beeps for twenty seconds. This normally means there is a prior drop which peaked about 100 > decayed within fifteen seconds > and I add just one more drop while mixing > or maybe have to do one more drop twice.

I never try to keep the reading over fifty forever. When I am titrating I normally see some drift/ buffering toward the last reading. The buffering is greater if there are visible solids.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back