vinyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joseph

Joseph
Reaction score
just got this vinyard to take care of of corse i get all the grapes
7 rows of merlot 7 rows of chardonnay 7 rows of cab- sauvignon
will try to load pics
Joseph

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Looks good!! Is it yours - or do you just maintain it for somebody and you get the grapes as a plus?

You have your work ahead of you with that vineyard. Where are you located. I would expect to see a lot of growth on them as tall as the grass and weeds are. First thing I would do is go in with a mower and get rid of some of the competition.

Good luck with it and we will help you out as we can.

A mower is indeed needed to get that project started. And setting up a spray regimen and fertilizing if it hasn't been done yet.
Good luck and Good fortune!

Looks like it could be really nice and Im awaiting answers to some of the above questions.

to all

No i do not own it, but i got it for as long as i want and it dose need a mowing thats the first thing, and then checking things out getting the right sprey, it already has a drip hose on all rows. Lady just got tired of it,
so for all my work i will get the grapes.This is wash. st. cashmere1/2 mile from where i live

I am totally unaware of that area- forgive me please. I assume you mean Washington State. I was reading it in your profile as Wastington Street in Cashmere, so I was clueless (and may still very well be ;>) ).

It may be a year or two to get it into shape again. Unless the vines are just waking up, they look like there may be a lot of dead vines there. Get the grass cleaned out and let us see where you stand.

Just curious, by spray do you (you meaning whoever wants to answer!) mean for weeds, bugs, or both. Anyone have any good recommendations for both? I was recommended a seven spray and have been using it for bugs, and it works fine, and I believe it's one of the safer ones around. I haven't had too bad a weed problem yet, but they're slowly trying to fill in around the vines. I am keeping up right now, but I know in the summer the weeds go crazy here.

oh, and congratulations, you have some hard work ahead, but some good wine as well hopefully!

Joseph, thats awesome that yoiu basically have your own vineyard like that even though it isnt yours. Will all the grapes be yours or will you be splitting it with the owner at a ratio. I would be very mad if when you straighted it out they said thanks and took it back over but either way it will be a good learning experience.
Deboard, Im pretty sure grapeman and Al Fulchino and Sacalait are the people to ask here but am pretty sure grapeman has recommended Seven a few times in the past.

wade

lets hope that dose not happen And yes i get all the grapes
Joseph

Just curious, by spray do you (you meaning whoever wants to answer!) mean for weeds, bugs, or both. Anyone have any good recommendations for both? I was recommended a seven spray and have been using it for bugs, and it works fine, and I believe it's one of the safer ones around. I haven't had too bad a weed problem yet, but they're slowly trying to fill in around the vines. I am keeping up right now, but I know in the summer the weeds go crazy here.

oh, and congratulations, you have some hard work ahead, but some good wine as well hopefully!

I would suggest you start your own topic for spray questions. We don't want to hijack Josph's post.

Sevin works alright for insects, but is noselective so use it only as need be to control target pests. Overuse is the prime way to develop resistance to a product.

You're absolutely right grapeman. There's probably a discussion out there already. If not I'll start one.

Latest posts

Back