Other Vintners Reserve Pinot Noir

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie

Reaction score
Has anyone done this kit? I have a cellar full of country wines and I received a reisling and a niagara concentrate for Christmas. Now I want to add a nice red wine to my collection.

Leeners.com has 20% off on wine kits.

Thanks for your help

Julie

Julie, have you been to Leeners. I would suggest a road trip over mail order. It a cool store just south of Cleveland. I went last year and the lady was really nice. So nice that when I told her I liked her Company polo shirt she pulled two of the cabinet one for me and one for my wife free. As you can see from the web site they have a bunch of really cool stuff. I was going to head down your way tomorrow to Porters Brew House to get some Cellar Craft kits but I called him today and he said he was really picked over and hasn't got a new order in yet.

Now you might be talking be into this. My husband and I are always ready for a road trip and we have talked about going to Leeners.

Julie

Julie, thanks to you I've got myself talked into going over to Leener's. I called to see if they had what I wanted and they did not, but will have it by 1:00 tomorrow. So it looks like I am doing a road trip myself. Picking up four kits I am going to save about $80.00.

:b

OMGosh, we actually talked about going over tomorrow and decided to wait. I'm in no hurry. I have enough wines in vairous stages that I really wasn't planning on starting a new one any time soon. I was going to buy because it was on sale but I am on County wines mailing list and they do 20% discounts all the time.

Did you know that there is a tobacco store in Butler named 3B's Tobacco that sell wine kits and supplies? I am not sure what kits they sale but if you are interested I will look the next time I am there, which will probably be in the next couple of days.

Have a great trip!

Julie

I would definitely be interested in what they have as long as its not Wine Expert. Thats all Leeners have but at 20% off I'll make the trip since I can't get that deal around here. I am going to get all Selection Originals: White Zinfandel, Vieux Chateau du Roi, Symphony and Viognier. I don't usually buy dry reds but with our tastes changing Master Wade says to get a couple going as we'll be ready for them in 12-18 months as they become ready. I am taking a chance on what I ordered and hope we like them. I have not tried these whites either but they sounded good. I am going to look into getting on Country wines mailing list.

Julie, I just checked 3B's out and found this link http://couponclipper.com/print/biz/3BSTOBACCOANDBREW?acnt=3 It will give you a coupon for 10% off all beer and wine purchases. i gave them a call and they do handle RJ Spagnols products. Heck if I didn't already have the day planned tomorrow I would have gone down there. Good info though. Thanks, let me know what you think of the place.

LOL..if we keep this up people are going to start talking about us. Troy must be away as I haven't seen anything from him in a few days.

Also, did you know that Butler County does a wine festival? Here is the website if you are interested in this.

We have a big one in Northeast also. Its expensive and disappointing. A few of the wineries will just do there own thing at their own winery (bands and food) which is much better than the main festival in town. The best part of it though is getting used bottles afterwards. I got 50 cases from one winery for less than $2.00 a case.

I am going to get all Selection Originals: White Zinfandel, Vieux Chateau du Roi, Symphony and Viognier. I don't usually buy dry reds but with our tastes changing Master Wade says to get a couple going as we'll be ready for them in 12-18 months as they become ready. I am taking a chance on what I ordered and hope we like them.
Dan:

Your wording implies multiple reds, but I only see one red in the list. White Zin is a blush wine, ie a red grape treated like a white wine. IMO, much different from a red.

Steve

Dan:

Your wording implies multiple reds, but I only see one red in the list. White Zin is a blush wine, ie a red grape treated like a white wine. IMO, much different from a red.

Steve

I've got a HB red merlot going right now that I was telling Wade about, when he suggested I get something else going also. Steve have you tried the Vieux Chateau du Roi and was it a good pick?

I've got a HB red merlot going right now that I was telling Wade about, when he suggested I get something else going also. Steve have you tried the Vieux Chateau du Roi and was it a good pick?
Dan:

BTW I have no experience with Selection Original kits. (No access to them from May 2001 to Sept 2008.)

I've been saying for at least 5 or 6 years that I wanted to make a VCR kit for myself, but I still haven't. Other kits (mainly limited editions, but also higher level kits) just seem to bump VCR down the list.

I did a swap with an acquaintance and got some 4-week VCR (I think it was California Connoisseur). The wine was fine but not great, but I would expect that because of the kit level versus what else I was drinking at the time.

Steve

LOL..if we keep this up people are going to start talking about us. Troy must be away as I haven't seen anything from him in a few days.

LOL, I know, where is Troy? I haven't been on this site for very long but one thing I notice was that I haven't seen Troy around lately. I miss reading his posts. Troy where are you???? :?

Julie

Well I made it up to Leeners today and the truck had not come in yet with my order. This place is awesome and so is the customer service (world class). They had one kit I ordered in stock and offered to ship the other three to my house UPS and said I will get them tomorrow. Shipping would have cost me 60.00. Well I was 1.5 hours away from home and could not wait due to a party tonight and the wife would have castrated me. I very pleased with her offer to ship them to me and I will continue to deal with them. Additionally I saved $80. on their 20% off sale. Customer service is measured not only on if you will return BUT would you recommend us to your friends. Yes I recommend Leeners to my friends and fellow wine makers.

Went to 3B's today. All their kits are 20% off and will be until they are sold. The price range is mid 70's to upper 70's for most No Pinot Noir but he is going to order one for me. He did have several Merlot, Barolo, Gewurtz, Chardonnay, Peisporter, Chianti and a whole bunch of Orchard Breezin.

I really liked to place, very friendly and more than willing to help.

Julie

Thanks Julie, I gave the information to my sister in law as her daughter lives down that way and they make beer and were looking for another place to go to.

LOL, I know, where is Troy? I haven't been on this site for very long but one thing I notice was that I haven't seen Troy around lately. I miss reading his posts. Troy where are you???? :? Julie

Julie... I have been wondering the same thing. I think his last post was around the December 15... I tried to call him day before yesterday to check up on him but no answer. Maybe I'll try again today.
Bill

Let us know what he has been up to. Maybe we should start a thread in General Chit Chat titled "Where in the World is Troy"

Julie

Maybe we should start a thread in General Chit Chat titled "Where in the World is Troy"

Julie... I called this morning and I just called again... no answer. He may be working or he may be at a friend's house. I know it was -22*F this morning in Fairbanks.

I know he is going through a tough time right now... his Dad just passed away a couple of weeks ago... I think it was on the 21st. Losing a family member can be real tough... especially a Mom or a Dad.

A new thread in Chit-Chat wouldn't be a bad idea... at the very least it would let him know how many people care about him. It is tough to be alone up there at this time of the year. Go for it.

Bill

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back