WineXpert Vintners Reserve gewurtztraminer f-pack...add it before or after?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randomhero

Reaction score
I am going to start this soon but it came with an fpack and I am not too keen on a sweet wine.

I wa searching but didnt find anything on the forums about people who have made this. Just wanted to make sure that i could add this before I pitch the yeast and it wont knock it out of balance too much.

I prefer a dry gewürztraminer. This kit probably comes with a liquid invert sugar F-pack (I've never made this kit). I usually just omit them totally. If it was a suss reserve pack (ie juice/concentrate), I would add it instead of some of the water before pitching the yeast.

Steve

I am going to start this soon but it came with an fpack and I am not too keen on a sweet wine.

I wa searching but didnt find anything on the forums about people who have made this. Just wanted to make sure that i could add this before I pitch the yeast and it wont knock it out of balance too much.

This wine is just an off dry wine with F-pak. It's not really a sweet wine at all but if you want a dry I would omit f-pak

So I can just not add it either way? Just didnt know if if I should put it in before I start the fermentation what?

Also I havnt seen anything about if this is a good wine or not. Just wondering if anybody has made it before

So I can just not add it either way?

Yes, you can omit totally, it's just sweetener. (Unlike a mist wine that is fruit flavour and sweetener.)

Just didnt know if if I should put it in before I start the fermentation what?

You can do this if you want, it will raise the sg (and thus the alcohol %age) a little bit.

Steve

Hmm guess I will see what the sg will be when i just mix the water and juice up, and then go from there. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back