Other Vintners Harvest Kiwi

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

I love this obsession
Reaction score
Hey I have a question for anybody that has done a Vintners Harvest wine base. I bought the can of Kiwi wine base, a mesh bag to use like it says on the side of the can and then when I opened the can there was no fruit in it just juice. Is this correct or did I get a bad can? If this is correct why does it say in the direction on the can to put the fruit into the mesh bag?? This has me confused.. :a1:?:?

There instructions are the same on every can with maybe the exception of acid to add. Some of these fruits are just juice with no fruit but mst ave fruit. Thats 2 that I know of now that dont have fruit, The Black Currant doesnt have fruit either but IMO its the best one of them all. I will advise you even though I haveny made the Kiwi tio make the 3 gallon batch and not the five with only 1 can.

Thanks Wade that makes me feel better! I have read on here to not make the 5 gal so I made the batch this evening and made it about 3.5 gals so i will have enough to top up etc. I also added some bentonite and did not add all the sugar they said to. Whew they said to add 12 lbs. I added 8 and had a brix of 24.5 which should give me an abv of around 14% if I fermet to dry so that should be cool. I am still thinking about doing a strwaberry batch and mix some of each to see how that is..

Yeah, forgot to mention the sugar thing. Thats one of things some of us forget as we never add sugar according to instructions as we have typically made that mistake a long time ago and use the good ole hydro while adding to make sure not to over shoot sg we were shooting for. The blend sounds nic, maybe keep a little of each alone.

Hi and Happy New Year...need help and this is closest search I found. I want to make 6 gal of Vinter harvest Blackberry wine... my question is can I use both cans in one batch and double everything? Thanks for any help...Zoogie

The quick answer is yes! What size batch are you making? I ended up making 4 gallons with one can and it tastes good. So far so good.

Hiya and thanks I am making 6 gal out of 2 cans... Zoogie

Sounds good Zoogie! Let me know how it turns out!

I know it been awhile but, how did that turn out? I have a can of peah the wife wants made.

Latest posts

Back