vintners harvest kiwi base

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

1st Timer

Hog Wild
Reaction score
I have made a couple of Vitner's Harvest fruit based wines and I always make the 5 Gal. batches, just cause I want MORE wine! I follow the directions precisely and have produced two great batches; Cherry & Plum. I did have to back sweeten both to get the taste I was after....

Good Luck!

1st Timer

Hog Wild
Reaction score
The cherry was at 12% and the plum at 11%. I am getting ready to try the Black Currant, hope its as good as the others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I use only the 3 galon recipe anymore with maybe the exception being tye black Currant as that just has lots and lots of flavor. i have made the 5 gallon recipe before and usually finds its too thin and just need to add much much more flavor later.

1st Timer

Hog Wild
Reaction score
The ones that I have done took about 3 1/2 - 4 months....The longer you can bulk age the better!

Reaction score
The ones that I have done took about 3 1/2 - 4 months....The longer you can bulk age the better!
agreed. the actual juice type will make more of a difference. the tropical fruits seem to be quicker to age. probably the lack of tannins compared to grape, berry and currant wines.

kiwi should be pretty quick. sounds good and i would like to try making the kiwi one day. only so many carboys and too many other things eating my time.

Latest posts