Vintner's Harvest Cherry fruit wine base

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This batch has cleared beautifully. I sampled the wine and it really tastes great. Has lots of body , slightly sweet and has a great aroma. It cleared so pretty in clear bottle. The ABV is 12.76 %. Going to be tough keeping my hands off this one.

what timing...one of wife's customer gave her a bottle of Cherry Wine made from Vintners Harvest....she was told it was made by the directions on the can. We both found it to be very thin, weak, and if I hadn't know it was Cherry, I never would have guess it by the taste....some berry flavor. Good luck with yours.

what timing...one of wife's customer gave her a bottle of Cherry Wine made from Vintners Harvest....she was told it was made by the directions on the can. We both found it to be very thin, weak, and if I hadn't know it was Cherry, I never would have guess it by the taste....some berry flavor. Good luck with yours.

Unfortunately one cannot always follow recipes on the can/container of any wine base product. It's always best to error on the conservative side or add additional juice/concentrate to be safe. The Vintners Harvest cans (96oz) normally state that it takes 2 of those cans for a full bodied 5 gallon batch. With some fruits you might be safe to do 3 gallons with one can (Black Currant is very good that way) But to be safe for the first time I'd use on 96oz can for no more than 2 gallons unless you have more juice to add or another flavor you are going to blend in.

Say Donatelo you can always just open one bottle early and make some note for yourself about the taste then and compare that say in 6 - 12 months from now. As often said - it's safest to keep enough wine in your "production processes" so that you can always have some reaching maturity each month. Problem is that when you start you are looking at a year before you can expect a mature wine. Sigh, guess that's where the local ABC/Class 6/Liquior stores can fill in temporarily. I've gone looking for unusual wines at the stores that are something I might want to make and buy one bottle to get an idea of what I like or don't like about their wine. Then make notes and go from their to do it yourself.

This is a three gallon batch and it turned out very nicely. A friend sampled a little glass and was very surprised at how good it tastes. Had to promise him a bottle. Its still young but going to be great. The SG finally toped out at 1.006. Ok by me.

I was going to ship two bottles of my wine , a peach Chardonnay and a Cherry Blackberry, to my Son in San Antonio. I packaged it and then laid the package on a beautiful Amish love seat rocker. The Cherry Blackberry pushed the cork and leaked all over the cushion to that rocker. I am in the dog house AGAIN! Remember to let the wine set for a period of time before doing anything with the bottle.

Helped me recognize the woody flavor of my Dragons Blood wine. No more wood chips unless they come in a kit. Lots of good info there.

Latest posts

Back