Vintner's Harvest canned fruit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried the wine and thought it could use more sweetening. I will have to uncork each bottle and put in a squirt of the wine conditioner. The wine was a big hit with the family after this extra sweetening and I think my blackberry wine needs to be sweet to be enjoyable.

On the next batch I would rather just add sugar and sorbate, and I looked at Jack Keller's recipe, but he did not have instructions for backsweetening.

Once again, time is my friend. The blackberry wine is getting better. I notice much more aroma, and a smell that I associate with Kmeta additions has mostly disappeared. All these problems may be due to bottle shock. I just don’t know, but I am learning to just forget about the wine and let it set. This is not always the solution, but about 75% of the time it works.

The wine always seems better on the second glass. I also think this blackberry wine pairs well with a fresh goat cheese and crackers. The cheese completely masks any bitterness and meshes with the light sweetness. Pretty happy with the wine and I don’t think that it needs to be sweeter.

Back