Vintner's Best Sauvignon Blanc

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmcmanna

Junior
Reaction score
I had bought some Sauvignon Blanc juice in the past from Coloma Frozen, but it always produces a golden wine in my glass (I am guessing from oxidation in the juice). I decided to try Vintner's Best Sauvignon Blanc wine base, but am shocked at how dark it is out of the bottle. In the photo below, the left is the Coloma, and the right is the Vintner's Best. They are both starting with an SG of about 1.080 (the left has been fermenting a couple of days, the right I just started today). Is there any way the Vintner's Best doesn't come out looking brown in the end?

IMG_4036.JPG

It came out of this container, mixed 4 parts water with 1 part of this base. I opened the other container and it looks the same. I emailed LD Carlson and they said it would get lighter during fermentation. We’ll see....I am disappointed.
DB19F6AE-2B12-4824-8E36-82ADA393DDFF.jpeg039612CA-ED9C-4FD8-A2B8-92E541C50DEA.jpeg

I’ll be waiting to see what happens because I’m planning to make Sauvignon Blanc for summer.

Latest posts

Back