Vintersense corks

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not, but they are more than twice the cost of what I pay for Nomacorc Select 900's.

Their sales blurb sounds like they took lessons from Ronco.
How long have you aged wine with the 900s? I couldn't find much. I keep seeing how synthetic is bad for 02 ingress with the exception of the newer nomacorc. I saw the 900s are .0062cc/ day. I have no clue what that really means though.

I've got wine that is 3+ years in Nomacorcs. Their docs claim 5 years, and for liability reasons, I'm guessing they are for good for 7 years. I won't have a lot of wine at the 7 year mark, and I'll recork those bottles if I think it's required.

The O2 ingress rate didn't mean anything to me, either. I go by the claimed lifespan. Nomacorc sells primarily to commercials wineries, so I have some trust in their claims.

You may get warnings not to buy off Amazon but I have. I usually buy these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064GWUNO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They are called one plus one or twin top. They are an amalgamated in the middle with a solid circle on top and bottom. That style was recommended by a renowned commercial winemaker. They are rated for two to five years but I'm sure they last much longer.
Ive had wine 10 years in the bi-disc corks from Widgetco.

https://www.widgetco.com/11-wine-corks

I just used the vintersense corks from Amazon for bottling my 2020 Pinot Noir. They are colmated corks meaning they are natural cork with some filler to improve the quality so there is less chance of leakage, makes them more uniform also. These corks we're stiffer than the number 3 corks I have used making it a little harder to insert with my floor corker but they were fine overall. No leaks seen since bottling 3 weeks ago. The vender says in the question area on Amazon they are rated for 10 years.

Back