WineXpert Vinters Reserve - Chianti

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malkore

Reaction score
This is my first wine making attempt, though I've done plenty of beer and mead, and some apfelwein.

I found the kit instructions and packaging to be very newb/user friendly. So far everything has gone perfectly well using a bucket fermenter and star-san for sanitizing. Hit 0.994 on day 7 and its in secondary right now. A few days and it'll be ready for the fining agents, degassing, and sorbate/sulfiting.

One question: Since some of these bottles might age longer than 6 months, the instructions state that I'm supposed to add an additional 1.5grams or 1/4 tsp of potassium metabisulfate. I only have campden tabs.

What's this convert to in terms of campden tabs?

Last edited:
One question: I only have campden tabs. Since some of these bottles might age longer than 6 months I'm supposed to add 1.5grams or 1/4 tsp of potassium metabisulfate.

What's this convert to in terms of campden tabs?

Why are you adding more k-meta than the instructions call for? Everything you need is in the kit? If you follow the instructions your wine will be just fine.

Because, as the instructions state:
If you are going to age this more than 6 months, you need to add 1.5grams of potassium metabisulfate in addition to what is included in the kit.

Latest posts

Back